Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:02 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you don't mind the question, I'm wondering how old you are?

A lot of us had bad parenting, playing that tape over and overs gonna keep you stuck and feeling sorry for yourself and what other people think isn't as important as you're allowing it to be, but I'm glad your here and one day your story can help someone else.

Agree with the posts offering advice for therapy, fitness and exercise.
Best Wishes
I corrected virgode
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 03:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I corrected virgode

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Some people seem to have no idea about how desperate people can become with severe depression. Being alone, loss of hope and self esteem, nobody that cares, it can be pretty overwhelming. Just move, just do it, all that's easy to say, but it can be plenty hard to do for a variety of reasons.

Keep trying Katie, I'm glad you don't have the depression the way you did before. Set short term goals you can reach, reward yourself, be kind to yourself. People that see themselves in a negative light often have problems just giving themselves a break. I'm that way myself. We all have flaws, some people are just to stupid or vain to see their own inadequacies. Continue to do the best you can everyday, that's all any of us can do. I'm glad you are doing better than you were last year.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:05 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I actually drive across to another small town where I sort of know the owners and manager. I LOVE small towns and hate cities. I feel like I have a clean slate there so go there whenever I can
Katie, I wish you weren't so isolated. That hurts. When I was growing up, I isolated myself from my family and I had few friends. Then, I moved to WI where I found friends who really helped me feel good about me. But now, I am alone again, having moved. It is hard all over again.

I am trying to do things that make me happy. I go to my local library for DVDs and to use their internet access. Plus, I post my photos here at CD and that gives me a reason to get out to take pictures!

Like Todd said, keep trying. I like that you have a place to go. Do what you need to do for yourself. Find ways to be happy, find a bit here and there.

Wishing you a good weekend! Take great care of YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health