Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times

Advertisements

I hate crying especially in front of others and I hate it when others cry too. Like when a friend talks about a mutual friend going on a downward spiral most likely ain't gonna live another 5yrs the way he's living his life now. I started to cry as much as I wanted to I tried to hold it all in

I always try to hold it in when Im around others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
You mean you want a pill to make you less emotional? Boy..that's a first!

Be proud of having a heart. So what if you cry at the drop of a hat? What's wrong with that?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You mean you want a pill to make you less emotional? Boy..that's a first!

Be proud of having a heart. So what if you cry at the drop of a hat? What's wrong with that?
I don't like looking as an emotional person

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Regular daily hard exercise would help a lot. You might also want to look at your diet. The endorphins produced on a daily basis I bet will help regulate your moods and create a much more peaceful state of mind. That's if your not doing that already. If thats the case I would go for counseling before shoving chemicals in my body to regulate my moods. Most sadness I've witnessed in life by others has less to do with sincere empathy and more about themselves. I know because I can be a big weeper sometimes. Especially if I go a week with out a hard workout or exercise of some kind.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:10 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I don't like looking as an emotional person
It's not healthy to go the other way too far and learn to hold it in all the time, either. I was raised that way--we were ridiculed and admonished for crying as children, and I made a huge effort to train myself not to cry. I was very successful, too--when a cousin died when we were both six, I went into my room and sat there willing myself not to cry because I didn't want to be a big baby. Now I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I've actually shed tears in my life, and I am 52 years old. Not being able to cry has caused me emotional problems at times, because the feelings have to get out one way or another.

Be careful what you ask for.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Excessive and/or inappropriate crying can be caused by depression.

Do you cry over something when no one else does? Cry but not sure the exact reason why? Get upset and teary over relatively small issues? Cry until you are physically/mentally exhausted??

If so, please see your MD for discussion and evaluation.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I don't like to cry in front of others either.....but there's nothing wrong with expressing emotions, it just shows that you have empathy, and that you have strong feelings and care for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health