Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

I've heard--narcissism, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality.

There may be more.

I have some familiarity with mental health/or the lack of.

I would like to learn a bit more. Genetics and environment are mentioned and then most articles say--'difficult to treat'--no definitive conclusions.

imo, there has to be a malfunction in her brain somewhere--an afflicted lobe, neurotransmitters that do not work properly.
Neuroimaging--this sounds interesting I haven't read it completely.
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publi...he-brain.shtml

'Brain imaging scans, also called neuroimaging scans, are being used more and more to help detect and diagnose a number of medical disorders and illnesses. Currently, the main use of brain scans for mental disorders is in research studies to learn more about the disorders. Brain scans alone cannot be used to diagnose a mental disorder, such as autism, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder.'

~~~

Not to compare Casey to those with autism but it has to be a malfunction somewhere. She cannot process information, lacks a conscience, lives impulsively.

what say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 12:11 PM

67 posts, read 208,781 times
thank God not all mothers are like Casey otherwise we would have a population decline....LOL Who cares what her problem is she can be studied like a bug while awaiting execution for all I care for doing this unspeakable thing to her sweet little girl. However if she is sick which I suspect she is afflicted with some sort of mental issue I blame her mother CIndy even more. Cindy knew or should have known Casey was not capable of raising a parakeet let alone a nother human being. She did not work Cindy knew Cindy called her friends to check up on her frequently and found none of Caseys stories were true and therefore failed to protect Caylee from the wrath of Casey's revenge. casey killed her for two reasons 1. to party more and be free and 2. to get back at Cindy for loving the child. How sick is that ? I think Cindy may be sicker than Casey and to look at her mouthing " I love you" in court showing the killer she has all the support in the world from the one who should have prevented this disasters means to me, Cindy should be locked up right next to Casey!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,281,135 times
Not all mental illnesses are physiological. Some, like personality disorders, seem to be caused by environment in the early formative years, as in before age two. For example, Borderline Personality Disorder is said to be caused by abandonment issues in those early years. Personality disorders are notoriously hard to treat unless the person recognizes (and has a concern for) their own problems, which is rare. It's also very difficult to pin down.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I do not think that Casey has mental health problems--she has a personality disorder. Which is different from being mentally ill.

There has been sucess with treating people who have personality disorders. But it takes a lot of cognitive behavior therapy.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I've heard--narcissism, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality.

There may be more.

I have some familiarity with mental health/or the lack of.

I would like to learn a bit more. Genetics and environment are mentioned and then most articles say--'difficult to treat'--no definitive conclusions.

imo, there has to be a malfunction in her brain somewhere--an afflicted lobe, neurotransmitters that do not work properly.
Neuroimaging--this sounds interesting I haven't read it completely.
NIMH · Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain

'Brain imaging scans, also called neuroimaging scans, are being used more and more to help detect and diagnose a number of medical disorders and illnesses. Currently, the main use of brain scans for mental disorders is in research studies to learn more about the disorders. Brain scans alone cannot be used to diagnose a mental disorder, such as autism, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, or bipolar disorder.'

~~~

Not to compare Casey to those with autism but it has to be a malfunction somewhere. She cannot process information, lacks a conscience, lives impulsively.

what say you?
Common traits among psychopaths. And?

http://www.suite101.com/content/behavioural-traits-of-psychopaths-a62415 (broken link)

Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 PM

677 posts, read 933,604 times
Face it, some people are just down right diabolical & that shoe fits Casey. I find no fault with her mother or father, she is a psychopath infested with demons, it's as simple as that.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I do not think that Casey has mental health problems--she has a personality disorder. Which is different from being mentally ill.

There has been sucess with treating people who have personality disorders. But it takes a lot of cognitive behavior therapy.
I believe she would be a sociopath.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Well, IMHO the jury needs a lot of therapy for finding her not guilty this morning. I hope I'm only getting part of the story.

I have a lot of emotional problems stemming from a very abusive childhood. I never killed anyone or lied to the police. My sister has 2 adult daughters she raised with a lot of love, and she was both physically and verbally abused too. When I lost my wallet, I went to the local police station to fill out a report. Casey waited 31 days to even tell her parents her daughter was missing!

I wish we didn't have the Dealth Penalty. I think it would make murder convictions easier for people on a jury deciding the fate of another human being.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 PM

990 posts, read 1,653,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, IMHO the jury needs a lot of therapy for finding her not guilty this morning. I hope I'm only getting part of the story.

I have a lot of emotional problems stemming from a very abusive childhood. I never killed anyone or lied to the police. My sister has 2 adult daughters she raised with a lot of love, and she was both physically and verbally abused too. When I lost my wallet, I went to the local police station to fill out a report. Casey waited 31 days to even tell her parents her daughter was missing!

I wish we didn't have the Dealth Penalty. I think it would make murder convictions easier for people on a jury deciding the fate of another human being.
You did get only "part of the story." Casey is more of a criminal than the jury was allowed to hear.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:50 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
IMO she has really serious issues, related to her family.

When I see her face in the courtroom, what I deduce from reading her expressions is that she has a huge obstinate streak, is in a battle of wills / control with her parents, is VERY defiant, and has an attitude of "I'll show you who's boss."

I think she did kill her child because she was not going to let her parents dictate to her how to live her life and be a mother. Killing the child was her way of putting an end to the (probable) brow beating she was getting from her mom (mostly) to straighten up, fly right, be a good mom, stay out of bars, "live right," etc. IMO this is what happens when people get pregnant before they're mature and ready. SOMEONE killed that baby and IMO it was Casey, not a family member. The fact that she did not report the child missing tells me a lot. I think the jury massively failed to do their duty.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-05-2011 at 05:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health