Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,741,181 times

Advertisements

I don't get why I'm so down. New job, right in the nick of time financially. I am a recent college grad hoping to move to a southern city. After months and months of applying to jobs in this specific city, I applied as a back up to a job in my home state and got it. The good news is they have offices in this southern city and in theory, in 9 months I could transfer(despite it being at least 9 months later than expected). I've lived at home my whole life (more or less) and this job will allow me the financial freedom to move on my own and get an apartment.

My part time college job worked great during college with both college and the company being in the same town, but that town being 50 miles away from me. Now with school done, being in the car two hours for a four hour shift isn't cutting it, but the end is in sight.
I just got out of a pretty "verbally abuse" relationship (see fairness in a relationship thread in the relationship section) but I just feel so sad. My job now is crap but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have met a few new friends (who happen to be female) that I could hang out with and its a nice breath of fresh air. With all this good around me, I'm still down. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,537,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
I don't get why I'm so down. New job, right in the nick of time financially. I am a recent college grad hoping to move to a southern city. After months and months of applying to jobs in this specific city, I applied as a back up to a job in my home state and got it. The good news is they have offices in this southern city and in theory, in 9 months I could transfer(despite it being at least 9 months later than expected). I've lived at home my whole life (more or less) and this job will allow me the financial freedom to move on my own and get an apartment.

My part time college job worked great during college with both college and the company being in the same town, but that town being 50 miles away from me. Now with school done, being in the car two hours for a four hour shift isn't cutting it, but the end is in sight.
I just got out of a pretty "verbally abuse" relationship (see fairness in a relationship thread in the relationship section) but I just feel so sad. My job now is crap but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have met a few new friends (who happen to be female) that I could hang out with and its a nice breath of fresh air. With all this good around me, I'm still down. Suggestions?
You already know what to do.

All the conventional wisdom: Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep, avoid stress. If you still have problems see a medical professional. He may prescribe medicine or recommend something else.

Also, everybody gets down after relationships end. If your problems don't go away in a "reasonable, understandable, normal" amount of time, then there may be other problems.

Where are you on these suggestions above?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Hi Charles,
Sounds good, I've been doing what you've mentioned. I think there are a lot of sudden changes (even though they are GOOD they are still changes).
In regards to the relationship, I miss the constant contact. I text my friends (both male and female) but the text seem to come in random spurts and aren't constant.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,607,780 times
Sounds like u feel bad from the past relationship u just got out of. I can't see any other reason for feeling down.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:17 PM

5,530 posts, read 6,445,800 times
You are getting out of a comfortable routine and going into a new phase of your life, which is scary as you don't have any control over how it is going to go and you don't know what to expect. This is a part of life. I am older and hate change, I like my "boring" life, but that is not to be in anyone's life. Try to change your mindset and your thoughts by telling yourself you are off on a new adventure, which you are. Enjoy the ride, you may not want to get off.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Thanks, Michigan--great way to look at it

Old 07-04-2011, 02:29 AM

20 posts, read 232,777 times
Default short post

Sorry this post is going to be so short, but I'm going to bed.

How long have you been down? I advise you to go see a mental-health professional. I went to my college's counseling center when I couldn't figure out what to do to make things better. They put me on a track where I was seeing smart people who had been trained to help me.

Bertie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health