Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:58 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Don't give up Trimac. You can fight it. I commend you for dealing with your anxiety. I have a form of depression that shows up here and there. It stemmed from my father's death and me giving him cpr. And he still died. I have many times that I am not good enough for anything.
Thanks Raena, I am starting to fight, instead of just 'giving in'. I hope your depression isn't too bad, either, I know it can take a long time to get over the death of a family member. I think you're a great person, bubbly, funny, good to know you, even through this message board!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:36 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I'll jump in with the rest who feel this way sometimes. Last night I came home from yet another too-long day at work and I just stood there in my kitchen and cried because it seems as if this is all there is and ever will be. Work like a slave to come home to an empty house. Well, I have cats, so THEY need me, but I'm sure my daughter would properly care for them if I am dead. But then what? I just stood there wondering if there was any point in going on. This comes and goes. Nothing much ever changes, no matter how hard I try. It's work, pay bills, sleep. I've done all the recommended activities--find interest groups, do volunteer work, blah blah blah, vomit vomit vomit but life does not change. Still wake up in a panic thinking of death, still feel sad every night, still always always always alone.

It doesn't seem as if there is anything to look forward to but more of the same. Feel a little bit better today and gathering up some sweaters and stuff to donate to local hurricane victims. I might as well make sure my belongings do some good.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If you really wanted to kill yourself, and had the courage too, I think you would have done so by now.

Just because someone doesn't kill themselves nor have the 'courage' to doesn't meant they don't want to die, stop getting it twisted. So I'm very sorry to inform you, if I owned a gun we wouldn't even be having this conversation, but think whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health