Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times

Advertisements

Go to your Doctor and tell him you think suicide is in your future. He will put you on anti-depressants, which will help some sunlight to penetrate that depression cloud.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
I agree w/ what has been posted here. Keep in mind suicide isn't so easy. If you screw up you maybe far worse off than before. Focus on decreasing your suffering and not on possibly increasing it.

Keep in mind thoughts are thoughts and can be changed.

Regarding physical issues. Pain can be very real, but even so you are not your body. Just borrowing one for awhile.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Go to your Doctor and tell him you think suicide is in your future. He will put you on anti-depressants, which will help some sunlight to penetrate that depression cloud.
Easy to say! How do we know his financial condition?

He may not even have the bus fare to get to the Dr., let alone enough $$ to pay him, let alone have enough $$ for the anti-depressants! Then what?

If one has health insurance, it's so easy to talk!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 PM

348 posts, read 850,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I have a very long list of mental and physical issues that are impossible to get over, so suicide is probably my only option
Please let us know more about you and what is going on with your life, specifically. You would be surprised as to how many people there are who might have things in common with you. When you think you are alone, you are actually not.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

He may not even have the bus fare to get to the Dr., let alone enough $$ to pay him, let alone have enough $$ for the anti-depressants! Then what?

When you tell medical and health professionals that you are suicidal they galvanize to save your life. They don't screw around and take it very seriously.

The OP seems depressed, not stupid and not helpless.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 PM

530 posts, read 779,771 times
One of my wife's friends at work was found dead recently. By all accounts, a really terriffic person. Her husband shot her in the head and then killed himself. Left a note stating why he wanted to end his life.

She didn't want to die, he did. So if you must end your life some day, please don't feel you have to take someone else with you.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 PM

455 posts, read 633,096 times
How old are you ?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Bson, people care and are very worried about you.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I have a very long list of mental and physical issues that are impossible to get over, so suicide is probably my only option
I've never been one to sugarcoat things and I see no reason to start now.

Do you have any idea of how selfish the act of suicide is? It not only ends a life, it deeply affects all those left behind. Imagine for a moment that you're a parent or spouse and it's you that comes home, not to a loved one, but what's left after they've blown their brains out. It's not a pretty sight. A close friend came home one day only to find her son's body in the living room. His head was all over the wall.

Is this how you want to be remembered? Or would you rather be remembered as someone who had the courage to go and get help when it was needed?

I really hope you choose help.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:18 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

When I wanted to talk to a therapist after my husband dumped me, my friend told me that she was seeing someone at a nearby university for $5 a session, and if she was really penniless, it would have been free. Also if she didn't have a way to get there, they would have sent someone over to pick her up. There are a lot of free resources in this country for those who need the help, esp with something like this.

I did go---turned out I just needed to unload my problems and I felt better after one session and didn't feel the need to go again, but they would have continued with me as long as I needed it.

I swear, half the mental problems in this country could be resolved by having someone listen intently and non-judgmentally, and that doesn't always require a professional. I did that for a woman once--for 15 minutes I listened as a stranger unburdened herself of all her problems and then found out later that she'd gone missing for a few days but that she returned home that same afternoon that I listened to her. I'd like to think I did her a good turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health