Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'd like to think I did her a good turn.
You did.

She'll pay it forward.

I've been without any resources. Sometimes there is no one to listen to you for five dollars. Let's face it. That's what makes the internet such a great resource. Everyone can help each other.

Let's not fight.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You did.

She'll pay it forward.

I've been without any resources. Sometimes there is no one to listen to you for five dollars. Let's face it. That's what makes the internet such a great resource. Everyone can help each other.

Let's not fight.
Huh? Are I misunderstanding you or you misunderstanding me? I'm trying to help someone here and most people are unaware that mental health resources are available for cheap or free. If nothing else, you can get someone to listen for free on a suicide hotline or they can recommend someone who will--I'm not sure exactly how they work, but I'm assuming that they'll listen to find out what the problem is, how eminent suicide is, and they can point the caller to the resources that can best help them.

I try to help everywhere I can and only truly get upset with people on here when I think they intend harm to someone and so far in the several years I've been on here, I've only seen evidence of that once.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Huh? Are I misunderstanding you or you misunderstanding me? I'm trying to help someone here and most people are unaware that mental health resources are available for cheap or free. If nothing else, you can get someone to listen for free on a suicide hotline or they can recommend someone who will--I'm not sure exactly how they work, but I'm assuming that they'll listen to find out what the problem is, how eminent suicide is, and they can point the caller to the resources that can best help them.

I try to help everywhere I can and only truly get upset with people on here when I think they intend harm to someone and so far in the several years I've been on here, I've only seen evidence of that once.
The let's not fight comment was not intended for you.

The caller should definitely call the number but sometime you do need money to get help. I have been in situations where they were not low-cost or free options and that was in a couple of different states.

Once again...this is why the internet is such a great resource. We can be here for each other.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Yes, please tell this board exactly what you are suffering with that is making you think/talk of suicide. We do care, that's why I come here!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Bson. Talk to us, man.

This is a group of good people on this thread who are willing to listen. Don't leave. Please come back.

I know I don't know you but (((Bson))).

Listen. I don't share this information with a lot of strangers and I do NOT mean to hijack your thread, but I want you to know and understand this.

6 years ago the love of my life passed away with a sudden heart attack. I thought of suicide then but had to consider what my husband would have wanted.

less then two years ago I lost my 20 year old son to Luekemia and the nightmares and flashbacks remain. Again, I had to consider what he would have wanted for me. and YES, I have considered suicide many times.

Then again, several months ago the father of both my sons was hit and killed on his bicycle. Not a good 6 years it's been for me. And now unemployed and having the hardest time scoring a job, I am STILL fighting. I will NOT let life break me.

You can do this to. Please come back and talk to us.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:45 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Bson. Talk to us, man.

This is a group of good people on this thread who are willing to listen. Don't leave. Please come back.

Listen. I don't share this information with a lot of strangers and I do NOT mean to hijack your thread, but I want you to know and understand this.

6 years ago the love of my life passed away with a sudden heart attack. I thought of suicide then but had to consider what my husband would have wanted.

less then two years ago I lost my 20 year old son to Luekemia and the nightmares and flashbacks remain. Again, I had to consider what he would have wanted for me. and YES, I have considered suicide many times.

Then again, several months ago the father of both my sons was hit and killed on his bicycle. Not a good 6 years it's been for me. And now unemployed and having the hardest time scoring a job, I am STILL fighting. I will NOT let life break me.

I'm so sorry, Bandon.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:48 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,140 times
Bson, you reached out for help with your OP. All these posters along with myself are willing to listen and offer some help if we can. I'm not one at fixing things, but I sure can listen. If only I had the internet around when I was 13 yrs old when I took a handful of pills wanting to die. You have people on here who care, care to listen, care to help. Let it out.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Thank you both for your kind words. It helps so much, more then I can express with cold words on a screen.

But I hope you both understand the reason I shared the story is because I felt it might help Bson. Even if it helps him/her enough to come back here and keep talking with us then I feel like I have done something that would make my Max proud if he is watching over me (which I have to believe he is).

I also hope that while Bson may not be talking to us, hopefully he's reading. It's the RIGHT thing that we are here and we keep talking to him in case he/she is.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Wow, bandon. Thank you so much for sharing that.

I'm constantly amazed by people that stub their toe and make a federal case out of it. On the other hand, the way I look at it is some people don't have much experience with bad things and get constantly knocked for a loop by anything. I don't know if I'd want to be that person, either.

Things always get better.

However, I have learned that if you say, "things can't get any worse" they usually do.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:10 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Bson. Talk to us, man.

Bandon....

I'm so sorry.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health