Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 08:18 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times

Advertisements

Mom came in my room this morning yelling at me. Started cursing me out and calling me a loser. Slamming the door's of the house huffing and puffing. On top of that the dog is barking giving me a headache more anxiety. Feel my mom was talking about me on the phone.

Mom is upset over a few thing's spending more time with my fiance mom only saw her twice this week. My mom is home sick wants to eat dinner with me. I worked Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Saw my fiance Tuesday looked for wedding places. Then went Thursday with my fiance and her mom to look for wedding places. Found a place. Anyways mom is not too happy about the wedding. Mom didn't want to come used bring sick as a way not to go. Fiance really didn't want her to. My mom makes rude joke's and nasty comments when fiance isn't around.

Anyway my mom feels I am making her homeless and abandoning her. Next summer fiance mom said if I would like until fiance and I can establish self get solid on our feet can live with her. Again be paying some rent. I feel better move to separate myself from my mom.

Long story short my mom asked if I could print some paperwork out for her. Never received the link, sent it to my old email. Phone died so wasn't able to contact my mom and day went on forgot about it.

Then I give my mom rent money every Friday/Saturday was going to give it to her Saturday, but mom wanted it today. Going to get it before work today.

Anyways this piles on to the already many stressors dealing with today. I had a rough sleep waking up sporadically through the night. I am exhausted what I thought be a good thing turned out to be a loss pipe dream. I went to an info session for a college program. Found out have to have this certain GPA, take these additional classes prior, take few entry test to get in, and some how find people to recommend you.

I am stessed with driving I still have that accident looming over my head with questions waiting for the insurance companies to reach a decision of fault.

I am stressed with work found a job opening close to home I am interested in applied a week ago haven't heard back. It be a great job opportunity save me money. That is the other stress no matter how much I save up come end of June I will be in the negative with my bank account.

I am trying to tell my fiance with out freaking her. I feel it is difficult for people to understand even those close to you. I don't want to dump this negative black mass of feelings emotions on to someone else.

I feel just blah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 08:48 AM

I mean I thought I am helping. My mom feels not doing enough around the house. Mind you when I worked a full evening a few week's ago. I had the morning to do dishes, walked the dog, cleaned up around the house. I cooked dinner and cleaned the mess up. Walked the dog three times before I left. Vacuumed twice in that week.

Mom is home sick this week been busy with schedule. Making sure to clean up after my meals. Loading dishes in the wash if wash was full soak the dishes till I can put them in
My mom gets up early so most of the week has been loading unloading the dishes. Now when I come home from work after cleaning the house be cigarette buts in the sink, wine caps by the couch with crumbs near the area I Vacuumed. The counter wouldn't be wiped down either.

I helped my mom fix her bed this week, my mom got the pieces since I was working. Mom hasn't walked the dog since she is sick. Tried to take him out at least three times the whole day, but going in the basement where go if not home. Will clean it over the weekend. Also throwing the trash out before I leave the house. Doing my laundry and my mom's laundry as well.

I think I an pulling my weight. Only thing didn't do was vacuum my room, clean the cat box, or upstairs bathroom I use this week. I do that normally do it on Saturdays or Sunday.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:14 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
Very sorry, Run. Sound like you are really going through a stressful time right now.

((((Hugs))))

Old 05-05-2015, 07:31 AM

It's been getting worse. Thought things were getting better between my mom and I...then things hit the fan. Yelling at me for changing job's, telling me to grow up, suck it up, something is wrong with you. Going on about marrying my fiance is a waist should wait. Going on about how weird and strange it is to move in with my fiancé while she is living with her mom.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
She sounds very needy.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
So, your mom thinks that moving in your fiance and her mom would be more strange that living with...your mom?

From everything you've written, you need to be living ANYWHERE but with your mom.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM

3 posts, read 2,468 times
Default mom is a narcissist

RunD- i just posted a long post on another thread of yours. the good news is, there is a term for what type of person your mother is, and that is "narcissist" and a malignant one, also, you are the "scapegoat" in your family. the bad news is, this will NEVER change. please google those quoted terms. i am thinking you will feel relief as you read what has been happening to you, probably your entire life. please let me know how you are finding information, and if i can help in any way. there are tons of forums, articles, blogs and youtube videos that will explain exactly what is happening to you, why it is happening, and what recourse you can take. keep me posted, fellow scapegoat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health