U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,654,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Your post gave me chills. The hairs on my arms rose. I am a cat lover and just hate knowing there are so many sick people in this world.

sadly they are everywhere and they all nee to be LOCKED up the sick bastards!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,654,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Kind of a side note to the thread-

I have NEVER understood why people love to tell me stories about hurting or killing animals when they find out I'm an animal lover. Now, I'm not a PETA type- I absolutely hate PETA for many, many reasons. I have no issue with hunting and actually think it's much better for both man and beast.

But if I mention my cats or how I was a vet tech, men (and it's always a man) have this urge to tell me childhood stories of how they killed a kitten or let their hamster go in the woods. I actually told my boss off about this a few weeks ago because he wouldn't shut up about his father shooting hunting dogs.

I don't think every adult who hurt an animal as a kid is going to become a serial killer. But the ones who seem to cherish the memories? Creepy, creepy bastards

and there is a special place in hell for these MF's!!!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 551 times
Childhood cruelty to animals may be simple curiosity or a way to vent anger and frustration. I myself tortured and killed many animals as a child but I also had a very troubling childhood so my guess is my motivations were to vent frustration and gain a sense of control in a home where I had so little of it. I still however am violent and lose my temper over trivial things with close and trusted family and friends unfortunately. U know something is wrong its ur intuition telling u to run . but my guess is this guy is good with words and is probably not an ugly guy. But I say everyone deserves a chance but as soon as he starts to turn his abuse towards you (and it is very likely he will) you shud get the **** outta dodge because it will only escalate.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 PM

97 posts, read 129,857 times
Cruelty to animals is often an due to the child being abused. That was the case with me. The urge stopped once I was able to leave the abusive enviroment.

I only realized it after going to therapy for a couple of years.

I wish I had not been so abused as kid. I wish someone would have gotten help for me so I wouldn't have been in such as rage when I encountered those animals.

I regret that night a lot. I have PTSD from it from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health