U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2011, 07:42 PM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,955,516 times
Reputation: 2780

Advertisements

I'd run like the wind. This is one of those things sociopaths do as children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 PM
 
2,671 posts, read 2,912,190 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Do you guys believe he is still dangerous? Is this type of behavior something that never goes away? What might have caused him to kill? I want to make sure I give him the benefit of the doubt before dismissing him. Do you guys think he is crazy/ still crazy?
Look, this is over my head and not my field. However; your instinct drove you to start this thread. Your instinct has given you the answer. Something is not right with this guy and your gut is telling you.

Kids who kill and torture for no reason but to kill have a mental deficiency. No ifs, ands and buts about that. ANd torturing and killing an innocent creature for the sake of the enjoyment of killing is not a "boys will be boys". It's a mental illness. Those kids who impaled toads were sick and who knows what they saw at home.

Whoever told you to put your track shoes and run......do it! Godspeed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
 
3,627 posts, read 13,257,690 times
Reputation: 2717
I still remember how shocked I was when a distant cousin came over to my grandmothers house and smashed in a kittens head with a rock. It bothered me all summer. It bothers me to this day. I remember the piercing black look in his eyes.

He went on to be involved the Dixie Mafia and got a life sentence for being involved in multiple murders. His family were good people. His siblings turned out well but something was just loose with his wiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Arkansas
1,230 posts, read 2,916,970 times
Reputation: 1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm dating a guy who used to kill animals when he was a kid. He says that there was all kinds of animals and that there were many. He also says that he stopped killing animals when he turned into an adult. What am I getting into here? Is this guy nuts? Should I ask him if he stopped killing animals in order to start killing humans? Why would a child kill animals? Please , if anyone knows why a child would kill an animal, or many, why?!
Well some kids are just simply bad. Most however have probably experienced some form(s) of abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
4,523 posts, read 7,652,977 times
Reputation: 7437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
You boys can proudly relate your "fun" stories. However, here are a few names of criminals who abused animals as a child:



Theodore Robert Bundy
Jeffery Dahmer
Richard Speck
Albert De Sola...aka The Boston Strangler
David Berkowitz...aka Son Of Satan



Henry Lee Lucas...he not only killed animals, he had sex with their corpes. As an adult he
killed his mother and wife, and, a bunch of unknown others. He was a real fun guy!

Michael Catier..Shot Kristin Lardner in the head 3 times.

Christine Felling...By the age of 19, she had murdered 5 children.

Edward Kemperer...Killed his grandparents, his mother and 7 other women.

Animal cruelty is a warning sign that an individual is not mentally healthy and his/her behavior, past or present should not be taken lightly.

And what percentage of them were CITY kids?
Farm kids may kill animals but it is done to put food on the table. Not for some sick twisted enjoyment.

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM
 
2,671 posts, read 2,912,190 times
Reputation: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I still remember how shocked I was when a distant cousin came over to my grandmothers house and smashed in a kittens head with a rock. It bothered me all summer. It bothers me to this day. I remember the piercing black look in his eyes.

He went on to be involved the Dixie Mafia and got a life sentence for being involved in multiple murders. His family were good people. His siblings turned out well but something was just loose with his wiring.
Your post gave me chills. The hairs on my arms rose. I am a cat lover and just hate knowing there are so many sick people in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,955,516 times
Reputation: 2780
And I just want to add (this is my own personal opinion) how could anyone even be interested in someone who was capable of such cruelty to defenseless creatures. My instincts would tell me to spit in his face and slap him, but I'd be too afraid for my life.

I have not read the whole thread as I cannot handle discussions of killing harmless and defenseless animals, but these people who do these things should be thrown in the slammer for the rest of their lives before they "graduate" to humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
 
10,996 posts, read 11,840,327 times
Reputation: 8367
Well, I was going to call him, but first I read all the responses here. I think i'm just going to disappear off the radar for a while. His radar.

I'd like to thank everyone for their helpful advice. The simple fact that he chose to use the words "I used to kill animals", instead of " I used to hunt animals", gives me pause. And why would he bring it up? He lives with a roommate , and between them, one of them has a dog. But the dog doesn't even bark at strangers or even lifts it's head up when you pass by. He's either very well trained, doped up, or dead. Okay, I'm kidding on that, I know he's not dead, but he sure behaves that way sometimes.

So, in conclusion, I might talk to him again, if I run into him. We live in the same area, so that's a possibility. But for now, I'm going to take some time away from him and try to figure this all out. Maybe I'll meet someone new in the mean time, and that way I can truthfully tell him that I met someone new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
 
5,546 posts, read 8,955,516 times
Reputation: 2780
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Well, I was going to call him, but first I read all the responses here. I think i'm just going to disappear off the radar for a while. His radar.

I'd like to thank everyone for their helpful advice. The simple fact that he chose to use the words "I used to kill animals", instead of " I used to hunt animals", gives me pause. And why would he bring it up? He lives with a roommate , and between them, one of them has a dog. But the dog doesn't even bark at strangers or even lifts it's head up when you pass by. He's either very well trained, doped up, or dead. Okay, I'm kidding on that, I know he's not dead, but he sure behaves that way sometimes.

So, in conclusion, I might talk to him again, if I run into him. We live in the same area, so that's a possibility. But for now, I'm going to take some time away from him and try to figure this all out. Maybe I'll meet someone new in the mean time, and that way I can truthfully tell him that I met someone new.
Good idea, but I am concerned about that dog where he lives. The dog isn't behaving normally. My thought is maybe the dog is being abused and that is why the dog doesn't even lift its head. I'm serious. I'm a real animal lover and I'd report that guy if I knew who he was. I suggest you give this some thought. It could be done anonymously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 AM
 
4,527 posts, read 5,341,788 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Good idea, but I am concerned about that dog where he lives. The dog isn't behaving normally. My thought is maybe the dog is being abused and that is why the dog doesn't even lift its head. I'm serious. I'm a real animal lover and I'd report that guy if I knew who he was. I suggest you give this some thought. It could be done anonymously.
ditto---that is NOT the sign of a normal dog----a fearful dog--maybe an abused dog more than likely imho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top