Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:07 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,775,613 times

Advertisements

Right now the most important thing is:

Do not mix benzos with other drugs including alcohol. Both are central nervous system depressants, thereby increasing the effects of both when used in tandem. Can lead to death. GET IT?

Then, follow the smart suggestions of others regarding treatment for alcoholism if you are no longer in denial ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
How do you define an alcoholic? The thing is I'm a binge drinker and can abstain myself from booze for months. But when I do drink I drink alot usually two days in a row and then my money is gone and I can't drink anymore. My shorty likes to say that I'm an alcolic but she says many offensive words when she has her period... so anyway I would like some feedback from ya'll! Thanks. and I forgot add... benzos are also involved. Mightyqueen? Mcgowdog? Lemme know what you think bout this "cumbersome" situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,716,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizotypalAureliusz View Post
It is just stupid, but at this moment I'm afraid of buying a bottle of beer because... I want to drink beer. I throw away bottle of wine and hide rest of Tequila I drink in Saturday.
I don't drink often (and never day-after-day) but when I drink, I drink until I'm completely drunk.
I am supposed to be ACoA. My father have sorrow that his father used to drink and he has no childhood, I have sorrow that my father used to drink and I have no childhood. I'm afraid that I might be the same.
You may be putting yourself at risk of "Alcohol Poisoning" with your pattern of occasional hard drinking in large quantities. Google Alcohol Poisoning - It is very dfferent from alcoholism because you do not develop a tolerance like an alcoholic and your kidneys or other vital organs could shut down causing death. Young college students are vulnerable when they began hard drinking at Frat parties and over imbibe and end up dead. You are playing with fire and you need to educate yourself about the dangers.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:20 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,755,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
You may be putting yourself at risk of "Alcohol Poisoning" with your pattern of occasional hard drinking in large quantities. Google Alcohol Poisoning - It is very dfferent from alcoholism because you do not develop a tolerance like an alcoholic and your kidneys or other vital organs could shut down causing death. Young college students are vulnerable when they began hard drinking at Frat parties and over imbibe and end up dead. You are playing with fire and you need to educate yourself about the dangers.
I knew of a young lady that died at age 14 b/c of that--someone dared her to chug a bottle of rum and even though she was already an alcoholic, she died from it.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:33 PM

63 posts, read 82,215 times
i understand how you like to get your buzz on too, cause im the same way, except i dont drink everyday, although i wish. but i smoke marijuana every friday and saturday. if i wasnt in school, i would be drinking and smoking everyday.
but drinking, period, isnt healthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health