Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times

Advertisements

It may be impossible.

I found 1 therapist who was willing to take me in. Some on these forums are questioning whether he is any good.

I am wanting to give him some more time. I've only been in therapy for 2 months.

But if I figure out that he isn't doing me any good, how on earth do I find a competent one in stupid little college towns such as the one I'm stuck in.

And no, I'm not in college. I'm stuck here because I applied for a job here some years ago, and got it. I applied before thinking, and then once accepted ... you just can't say no. I didn't want to come here, but I had to, because I had a job offer. And I couldn't say no to that.

Hey, at least I have a job, but if I don't get good therapeutic help, I conceivably could lose this one !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health