Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:34 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times

Advertisements

Be present and be aware and be conscious of your body, of your thoughts and of feelings and actions and stop snapping.
Y'all make things so unnecessarily complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,309 times
I know the feeling,if someone simply says a word that annoys you that can cause you to snap. I find that the case with me is that sometimes what people say worry me a little,You may be worried and that's why you snap?or you just don't no how to handle it! Look at the examples and then maybe think of what you can do to resolve your problemsthat's what I am trying to do now and it's working

Old 01-26-2014, 07:30 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,247 times
I am right there with you on this. I think that a lot of it has to do with bottling up excess stress and anxiety. Also, are you on any medication that could increase this tendency? Since I have been prescribed Adderall, I have become much more snappy and irritable.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,126 times
if you are stressed out or have alot on your plate, this tends to happen. the best thing to do is to step back and treat yourself occasionally so that you actually have something to look forward to. this is my current problem. i am working long hours, dealing with difficult people, and a sick mother, constantly being a "yes man". at the end of the day, i am just exhausted and there is no time left to relax & reflect. i need to have 8 teeth pulled in a week, costing me alot of $$$, so this is keeping me down too. however, everyone else is so miserable and/or sick that they don't even notice and i seem happy in comparison to them. i am trying to work all these hours to make up for the 4 days that i need to recover from this procedure.

i used to look forward to weekends, but not anymore since i started working long days on weekends. usually, i find it easy to isolate myself when i am in a "snappy" mood. neither of my jobs require alot of social interaction, so this helps. i don't have a girlfriend(no time). if i did, the relationship probably wouldn't last long. i might scale back the hours i work a little bit and try to enjoy life more.

when i am in a bad mood, i just get really quiet. some people notice this and i just smile at them and say that "i'm tired". i try not to snap at people and haven't for a while. working out helps me blow off steam to the point where i am less likely to strangle someone. i recommend this if you don't already do it.

i used to drink heavily, but that proved less effective over time. i just found that i was "borrowing" happiness from the next day. when the next day came, i was hungover and even more "snappy".

Old 09-19-2016, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 723 times
What is gaba ? I had a breakdown 3 years ago Iv always been in violent derogatory relationships and suffered verbal and physical violent abuse to the point of a nervous break down . I had councelling spent a lot of money through the recession and being self employed also and taking a second job . Iv suffered depression all my lifealways felt misunderstood . I started to separate my self from what Made me feel bad insecure and vulnerable and worked hard got over it all and had a great 2 years got to the best place in my life at 40 and met a guy who is everything I want were great he came with a few problems but nothing that we couldn't handle together. Then i started meeting his friends and getting to know them unfortunately a lot of it was negative bitchy etc and over the last 9 months it's ground me down Iv a lot of anxiety and i know it's from being around negativity again Iv removed myself from these situations as I know the trigger and it's opened boxes and emotions I dealt with and put away . But the anxiety is here with avengsnce from that. and I'm hormonal at 41 had tests for menapause etc ( which ain't helping ). The trouble is the anxiety It's making me be snappy at my fella who is amazing and we are good but he could also do with some cognitive therapy to address negative things in his life that Iv had to be subjected to too . And may be the frustration of it all and the feelings of dread etc that have been brought back is making me snap at him a lot . Being around the negative stuff although it's not here now has had a bad affect on me and I'm feeling negative snappy and critical . I'm going to go bk to my councelling and talk as may be being around these few problems within a relationship or through meeting these folk through him has made me blame my chap sub conciously I don't know all I know is I'm struggling a bit within in me and I know and recognize the triggers

Old 09-19-2016, 01:03 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Gaba is part of my Sleep Remedy. But can be taken otherwise. Here is a good overview, there are many:

GABA

I find myself snapping but know my issues are chronic pain. I am aware and try not to hurt others. I never had this short fuse until a hip replacement mess in 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health