Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:05 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I think that any way that we can bring as much balance into our lives is really important ... now and always.
The universe is based upon the principle of yin / yang and depends on the interaction of the two.
Most people, especially in this country and culture are "yanged out" .... way too much activity, too much thinking, too much doing, go, go, go, do, do, do and not enough (often not any) non-activity.
(watching t.v. doesn't count ... it's still active)
This taxes the entire being and specifically the adrenals as much of the activity, no matter how it's justified or rationalized, is fear based and people are running on, not actual energy, but adrenaline and that leads to a state of depletion.
But it's the kind of depletion that doesn't easily allow the body to easily rest (it's no wonder that so many have issues with sleep!) for reasons that i'm not sufficiently equipped to explain at the moment.
But that much i know.
This kind of hyper doing and going and getting and striving has created a society that is incredibly out of balance.
It's yin deficient.
If we don't have sufficient time to do nothing and don't know how to simply be and if we don't know how to calm our bodies and minds and entire being and if we do not know how to tap into the source (the feminine, the primal mother .... "the valley spirit that never dies"), we are going to suffer.
(i'm in an Asian frame of mind tonight )
This is a good statement and state of being to contemplate and ideally practice:
"Nothing To Do, Nowhere To Go, No One To Be"

I don't know if this post was what you were asking for but thanks for inspiring me to express this as it reinforces what i need to fully realize / embody.

I don't know what else to add. This is awesome, Jaijai!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:08 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
I think most of us want to "give up" sometimes. I think it's okay to do it temporarily. In other words it's okay to take a grown-up "time-out". But there is really no point in giving up on life entirely. It still goes on. Eventually we just have to deal with whatever it is that is getting to us.

Life can be overwhelming at times, no doubt. But usually things have a way of working out. Even if they way that it works out is nowhere near what we had hoped for. We still manage to get through it, one way or another. I think it's better to try and stay positive, but I also take time to allow myself to be upset for a while. It's just important to not get stuck in the upset. It's important to limit the amount of time you give into that feeling, and then you get back up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Even if you have to start from further back than you originally were.

You reminded me of something I read about 3 levels of happiness.
1. Pleasure - happiness is more temporary
2. Passion - happiness lasts a little longer
3. Purpose - happiness lasts longest

I think when we have a sense of purpose, we don't get hung up on disappointments. We have a goal & just because a metaphorical linebacker tackles us, doesn't stop us from getting up & making it to our goal, in one way or another.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:08 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Wild Flower... what kind of trouble are you in? I get sad when I see posts like this. I hope it isn't financial and that your holiday season is not ruined thus. Did you get laid off or something? You need to unload completely for it will make you feel better. Like some weight's off your chest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health