Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times

Advertisements

If you end it, you won't find out what happens next. It usually gets better eventually. Sometimes whatever seems unbearable today becomes a little more bearable later. Or it actually gets resolved.
I hope you are able to learn to manage whatever it is that has got you so down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Thumbs up Good for you Lucia!!!!

I was watching Dr Phil this afternoon and he had famous comics on Darrell Hammond and Christopher Titus and they spoke of some of the pain that they've experienced growing up and their thoughts of suicide . You are not alone. I'm so happy to see that you are looking up and thinking of helping others soon ! Many blessings!!!

You're going to make it!!! I know you will !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciaMomof6 View Post
Thank you all so much--and I also got a note suggesting a book called The Mood Cure... I am buying the book tomorrow!! I am ready to try anything because I know that there is a problem with my seratonin, dopamine, and anything else in the brain that controls moods.. Some personal crisis' that have happened recently have triggered a severe depression that has hit me quickly and swiftly..It's hard to admit such weakness for many ..but I KNOW that many people get down to the point of suicidal thoughts..I am already thinking of how I will pull myself up from this mess and seek those who are hurting and try to comfort them when I am stronger (which will be really soon I hope)
THANK YOU!!

Old 12-15-2011, 07:50 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,685 times
Hang in there....I can't count the number of times I've felt so much like committing suicide......but, hey---still glad I'm here now! never know what will happen, even when it's hard to hope. Good thoughts sent your way for strength and courage to perservere....

Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM

741 posts, read 1,679,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
If you end it, you won't find out what happens next. It usually gets better eventually. Sometimes whatever seems unbearable today becomes a little more bearable later. Or it actually gets resolved.
I hope you are able to learn to manage whatever it is that has got you so down.
Thank you! What happened was something that I have no control over--someone who is destroying their life--someone I love desperately.. Watching someone destroy their life is really hard --I did the dumbest thing--I internalized it--I realize after today that I have to not allow someone's destruction of themself affect me -somehow..
The next dumb thing I did was not exercise for the last 3 days--exercise is my "anti-depression drug".. I'm the first to suggest it to anyone and everyone and then I didn't do it and my brain needs those endorphines..
The third dumb thing I did was eat fast food..it always makes me sick and I cant eat it and I know that my body cant tolerate it..

Today after I wrote this thread..I couldn't breathe for like an hour and my hubby almost brought me to the ER.. I thought I was having a heart attack..could not catch a breath!! I guess it was a panic atttack or something but I couldn't breathe a normal breath.. I feel so much better now though..I am a little bit ashamed to have even felt suicidal even for a minute because I really do cherish life!! I cherish ALL life!!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
Hang in there....I can't count the number of times I've felt so much like committing suicide......but, hey---still glad I'm here now! never know what will happen, even when it's hard to hope. Good thoughts sent your way for strength and courage to perservere....
Thank you for sharing this and for the honesty and I am glad you are here!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:18 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,636 times
Quote:
Please give me lots of reasons of why I shouldn't end it..
and I am very depressed but wont waste anyone's time as to why..
ANd save the criticism and telling me how selfish that I am for yourself--TY
Because it's quite possible (it's my strong sense) that suicide won't solve your essential issues ... if you know what i mean.
It's just possible that you are not just a bag of bones with a brain and persona ... if you know what i mean.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
Quote:
Thank you! What happened was something that I have no control over--someone who is destroying their life--someone I love desperately.. Watching someone destroy their life is really hard --I did the dumbest thing--I internalized it--I realize after today that I have to not allow someone's destruction of themself affect me -somehow..
The next dumb thing I did was not exercise for the last 3 days--exercise is my "anti-depression drug".. I'm the first to suggest it to anyone and everyone and then I didn't do it and my brain needs those endorphines..
The third dumb thing I did was eat fast food..it always makes me sick and I cant eat it and I know that my body cant tolerate it..

Today after I wrote this thread..I couldn't breathe for like an hour and my hubby almost brought me to the ER.. I thought I was having a heart attack..could not catch a breath!! I guess it was a panic atttack or something but I couldn't breathe a normal breath.. I feel so much better now though..I am a little bit ashamed to have even felt suicidal even for a minute because I really do cherish life!! I cherish ALL life!!
Your welcome. Exercise has become my anti-depressant too. I didn't exercise yesterday, so I need to make myself do it today. It's been a HUGE help for me!

Dont feel ashamed about feeling the way you did. I think most people have felt at least semi-suicidal at some point in their lives. Just don't give into it. It DOES get better.

Learning not to take on other people's pain, is a challenging lesson to learn. I used to pride myself on being an empathetic person. I finally figured out that empthy is only good to SOME degree. We also need to learn to be "dispassionate" at times. That's word I learned when my son was working through some of his own anxiety.

If we don't disconnect a little bit, we end up getting dragged down by the person having issues instead of being able to help them at all. It's kind of like trying to rescue a drowning person when you can barely swim yourself! It's okay to try and help to some degree, but it's not selfish to take care of YOU first. We can't take care of anybody properly if we don't take care of ourselves. And the truth is, not everybody wants help. We can't force it on them.

We also need to be careful (sometimes) of the ones that DO want our help. It's good to help (to a certain degree), we just can't become their enablers or victims in the process.

I'm glad you are doing better. Get that exercise going again and have a great day! Sometimes we (including me) forget that we really can decide how we feel and how we react to things.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:

Wow, Lucia--you are self-aware to an amazing degree! Congratulations on recognizing the issues and putting together a plan of attack. I know you're gonna pull through this just fine.

About your loved one--try to remember that everyone should be free to make their own mistakes. You simply do not have control over other peoples' decisions. All you can do is try to them unconditionally. The rest is up to them.

Please don't be ashamed of your feelings. We all feel what we feel. I'm just really glad you didn't act on it.

Take good care of yourself.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Wow, Lucia--you are self-aware to an amazing degree! Congratulations on recognizing the issues and putting together a plan of attack. I know you're gonna pull through this just fine.

About your loved one--try to remember that everyone should be free to make their own mistakes. You simply do not have control over other peoples' decisions. All you can do is try to them unconditionally. The rest is up to them.

Please don't be ashamed of your feelings. We all feel what we feel. I'm just really glad you didn't act on it.

Take good care of yourself.
Thank you Marlow

Today is definitely a better day-- !! I'm forcing myself to do the things that I need to do to stay on the right mental track!! Have a great weekend!

Old 12-16-2011, 10:05 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Try EFT - Brad Yates - YouTube - there are lots of resources on YouTube which will elevate your mood when in a difficult place.

Remember: Wherever you go, there you are . . .stick around . . ."This too shall pass" (I know I am full of cliches, but hey, they are true) . . .

The EFT can change your life because you can clear lifetimes of emotional pain . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health