Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

It would be nice to think I was dealing with a psychiatric issue, only this is not the case, in spite of the fact I DO deal with depression and other issues.

I have had to take the drastic step of purchasing a mobile home (thank God I had the resources to do so) and will be putting my house on the market in January due to the NIGHTLY stalking issue on the part of my neighbor. Believe me, if I for one minute thought this were a psychiatric issue I would not be taking such drastic steps. I'd be at the Dr's office.

What I've learned through this experience is that the police are not my friends, there are not sufficient resources out there for those who are stalked, and that friendships are fragile.

What bothers me is all of it. I'm not sure what I expect out of this thread, but I am very sad I have to leave my home and it was never my aspiration to move to something not as nice. However, when the police are against you, you are pretty much screwed. That much I found out.

As to the "friends" who gave it very little time and effort to ascertain whether it was happening or not, that hurts. A lot.

And this is just kind of a "getting it out" sort of post. Most people are happy when a deal goes through. I'm just angry and sad. Oh, and I'm also grateful that I have a place to escape to, even though I will have to keep up the pretense of living here until my house sells.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:26 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
It would be nice to think I was dealing with a psychiatric issue, only this is not the case, in spite of the fact I DO deal with depression and other issues.

I have had to take the drastic step of purchasing a mobile home (thank God I had the resources to do so) and will be putting my house on the market in January due to the NIGHTLY stalking issue on the part of my neighbor. Believe me, if I for one minute thought this were a psychiatric issue I would not be taking such drastic steps. I'd be at the Dr's office.

What I've learned through this experience is that the police are not my friends, there are not sufficient resources out there for those who are stalked, and that friendships are fragile.

What bothers me is all of it. I'm not sure what I expect out of this thread, but I am very sad I have to leave my home and it was never my aspiration to move to something not as nice. However, when the police are against you, you are pretty much screwed. That much I found out.

As to the "friends" who gave it very little time and effort to ascertain whether it was happening or not, that hurts. A lot.

And this is just kind of a "getting it out" sort of post. Most people are happy when a deal goes through. I'm just angry and sad. Oh, and I'm also grateful that I have a place to escape to, even though I will have to keep up the pretense of living here until my house sells.
There is nothing anyone on a forum could have done to help you other than give you thier honest opinion.

I wonder if you had it to do again would you have made such big deal out of the wall???

Old 12-23-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There is nothing anyone on a forum could have done to help you other than give you thier honest opinion.

I wonder if you had it to do again would you have made such big deal out of the wall???
Had I known he was a sociopath, no way. Of course, how many people have the misfortune of having a sociopath/stalker move next door? Wall or no wall.

Let's not forget the FOUR attempts to poison my dogs, while we're at it. That is a huge part of the reason I'm leaving - to keep them safe.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:33 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:

If you feel so distrustful of your local police, I think you should be moving to a new city. Staying where you feel unsafe isn't going to solve anything.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
If you feel so distrustful of your local police, I think you should be moving to a new city. Staying where you feel unsafe isn't going to solve anything.
I am moving to a new city. In fact, I'd just like to add that I have a friend who happens to be black who has been harassed for riding his bike on the sidewalk. Finally, after complying with all of the requests by the police, they admitted to racial profiling.

Last edited by mistygrl092; 12-23-2011 at 03:48 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
I've been wondering what was going on with your situation. I want to wish you the best of luck in your new city and home, and in selling your house.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
I am moving to a new city. In fact, I'd just like to add that I have a friend who happens to be black who has been harassed for riding his bike on the sidewalk. Finally, after complying with all of the requests by the police, they admitted to racial profiling.

ok, that's good to know. There should be no further issues then.
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year--New Beginnings!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
I've been wondering what was going on with your situation. I want to wish you the best of luck in your new city and home, and in selling your house.
Thank you so much. The closing is next week. It was a rush deal. I just can't take this anymore. Having said this, I will still need to spend a lot of time at my current house to give the appearance all continues on, so he does not get out of hand with my property. I can leave lights on at night and still slip away and he won't have a clue. But I do still need to spend a fair amount of time here to devote to selling this place.

I got a great deal, although it's a fixer upper. What's most important is my pets will be safe and I'll be able to sleep normal hours.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
ok, that's good to know. There should be no further issues then.
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year--New Beginnings!
Thank you! As I mentioned, the closing is next week. I can technically spend New Year's Day there, although I may spend New Year's Eve here. I just feel the need to make my presence known and be vigilant and keep an eye on things.

And Merry Christmas and may 2012 not be the end of us all!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
mistygrl1092......I'm sorry that you had to take such drastic measures as a solution to your dilemma....I think it's for the best though...and wish you well, and that you find peace and happiness in your knew home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health