Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Xanax is what I take to fly, and I get them very sparingly from my doctor. Most doctors don't like to see someone on them for long periods of time because they are every bit as habit forming as a sleeping pill. That being said, I do believe in moderation, I took xanax during my divorce and it was my saving grace, and as I said I could not step foot on an airplane without one!
LOL! I'm sorry reading the first part of this I thought you meant you were a pilot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
LOL! I'm sorry reading the first part of this I thought you meant you were a pilot

Well, I thought he was bragging that he took them to get high & "FLY" - you know!

Guess we all have to remember that we aren't the only one's reading our own writing - they taught me in English class to "know my reader" & to write to them...

After now taking XANAX, I can't imagine that anyone would "FLY" from taking it - I sure don't.

Happy Restful Sleep to All...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,210 times
After taking 10 mg for about 3 years now I had an incident last week. I remember nothing after taking Ambien until I woke about 3:00 PM the next afternoon not knowing where I was. My husband told me I came out of our bedroom saying repeatedly, "I can't see you". Every time he asked me how many sleeping pills I took I would give him a different number and was talking out of my head. He rushed me to the hospital where they determined I had not taken enough to pump my stomach. After an evening of me getting out of the bed and walking into the door, then staring out the window, and fighting me to get me back into bed, they sent me to a mental health facility, which is where I woke the next afternoon. I was released on the third day with the understanding that I had not tried to commit suicide. It has been a week today and I still am fighting memory loss from that night and different portions of missing time within the last few months, extreme exhaustion, loss of appetite, nausea, and many boughts of forgetfulness. I am looking for an answer on-line without much hope for help. I am hoping there is no long term effects and sometime soon I will be back to normal. If anyone has any suggestions please advise.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,950,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
What about tylenol pm? Seems like it would be safer than the prescription stuff.
I take tylenol pm, only 1 pill and it helps me when I wake up after about 4 hrs of sleep. 2 pills make me to hyper.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Default Caution

Don't cut the control release tabs in half !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post

Anyone here have any experiences (including the side effects like "amnesia") with taking Ambien or others who have? What milligram were you/they taking... how often, etc. Tell as much as you are willing to share.

I'll share what I know later...
I'll have to come back and read this.. I came here to make a post about brand verses generic when I saw this post.

I was on Ambien a few years ago and had issues. I think nightmares and the sleep walking, plus being hung over in the morning.

Neither of my script insurance wants to pay for lunesta but they'll pay for Ambien. I'm going to be forced to take it then bring it back to my Dr to be disposed of just to prove a point.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
what were we discussing?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,026,236 times
The original poster talked about amnesia from taking ambien. I have been on ambien for a very long time with no consequences. I take 10 mg generic at night. I do not have insurance so the generic is what I can afford. With ins. I took Lunesta and Ambien CR, not at the same time, of course with no consequences.

Where is Think? I miss her.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,074 times
If you have had episodes where you drove etc. w/o remembering- I would rec. NEVER taking it again- that is so dangerous. YOU are in the 1% who experience this amnesia effect should not take it- HELLO!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
my fiancee says I get this too we watch TV before bed or have a conversation but I have no memory of doing it glad I never got behind the wheel that would be scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health