U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 AM

63 posts, read 119,007 times

Advertisements

This is to do with parents who were children when war was going on and how this has affected the lives of the children that they had.

Does anyone know of any successful program/help group or other resource that can help such children.

This is not a very well know or researched area and I'm finding it hard to find info about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 12:41 PM

8,610 posts, read 6,648,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ Vortex View Post
This is to do with parents who were children when war was going on and how this has affected the lives of the children that they had.

Does anyone know of any successful program/help group or other resource that can help such children.

This is not a very well know or researched area and I'm finding it hard to find info about it.

Does this go all the way back to WWII, Korea and Vietnam? If not, why? I bet my grandkids don't even know my father was in two of those wars. The worst part is Common Core probably omits most of that part of history or tells it like the cartoon version of Easter. The left rewrites history so it never existed. In doing so they control the future.

I have never heard of the topic and think it to be some liberal ply to label even more people.
We have black lives matter, war on women, gay rights, confederate flags and any other liberal concoction imaginable going on at present, why not a new invented one?

Old 07-22-2015, 03:36 PM

4,787 posts, read 9,905,901 times
OP- you're going to have to be a lot more specific. What war are you talking about and what exact circumstances have you concerned ? Are you thinking about children who grew up in a war zone while war was going on around them? Or do you simply mean children whose parents were deployed elsewhere during a war. I think the reason you are not finding a lot of data is that seldom would there be a generational carry over. There have been millions of US soldiers deployed overseas in the past couple of decades. Many of those people had children who are now grown. Most of those children turned out just fine. Not every soldier comes home with mental problems severe enough to disrupt his daily life or impact his family.. It seems you're asking what problems do the grandchildren of soldiers have because of a war. I doubt if there is a study on that because once war is over people get on with their lives. You might want to look up the effects of post traumatic stress syndrome on military families or the effects of deployment on military families. What it's not wise to do is to try to blame poor parenting skills on the war time experiences of a generation or two in the past. That's called passing the buck and refusing to take responsibility for one's own mental health. If a child has a rotten parent it's because he or she has a rotten parent not because grandpa went to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health