Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:35 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Do you have a "playful side?" Do you laugh very often?...They say that laughter is the "best medicine." How do you feel about it?...I definitely need to laugh and "play" a lot more to get back in balance! Unfortunatly most of my local friends and acquaintances tend to be on the "serious-side" or "shut-down." Or some tend to complain a lot...I don't really have anyone to "play with" right now and I wind-up being "too serious" most of the time!..Well I have my cats and they can be cute at times. But it would be nice to have a few "human playmates" too! I want to get my sense of humor back again despite all my problems! How would you rate your sense of humor??
This made me smile and laugh today! These two little girls Sophia Grace and Rosie are just a bundle of joy, laughter, energy, happiness, gratitude and playfulness all rolled into one! Watching them makes you want to go back to the playfulness and wonder of childhood! They are regulars on The Ellen Show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hL6XXG7aw

Last edited by tiluha; 03-01-2012 at 01:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 02:00 AM

Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie...

Sophia Grace & Rosie Do Tea with Taylor Swift! - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Do you have a "playful side?" Do you laugh very often?...They say that laughter is the "best medicine." How do you feel about it?...I definitely need to laugh and "play" a lot more to get back in balance! Unfortunatly most of my local friends and acquaintances tend to be on the "serious-side" or "shut-down." Or some tend to complain a lot...I don't really have anyone to "play with" right now and I wind-up being "too serious" most of the time!..Well I have my cats and they can be cute at times. But it would be nice to have a few "human playmates" too! I want to get my sense of humor back again despite all my problems! How would you rate your sense of humor??
Sorry for the duplicate posts, but I was trying to embed the youtube video of the two little girls from The Ellen Show...they are incredibly adorable and reminded me of what it can be like if we remember to keep laughter and playfulness in our lives...

Sophia Grace & Rosie Go to Disneyland! - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,946 times
Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:02 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
Coolhand68...Sorry for your losses. I agree with you. I think "survivor guilt" can affect us. And it does take awhile to feel entitled to go on and laugh again etc...My husband had a great sense of humor and "play." He made life fun. He wouldn't want me to walk around in the "dumps" 24/7...Every so often (out of the blue) I feel the bottom of my foot being "tickled." And I'm sure it's my husband "saying hi" and reminding me to "lighten up" a little bit! (Before I "crack-up!")

Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
I agree that laughter is great medicine!
Of course, there's a time to laugh & a time to be serious.
As JonnyDepp mentioned, it's cleansing to have a good laugh - I mean, to laugh so hard, tears come out of your eyes & you have to catch your breath! So refreshing!
Often those times come completely unexpected & it's a mix of something funny happening & just being in a silly mood.
In hopes of getting someone to do some inner jogging (laughing)...

*I'd imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.

*Yawning was originally meant for when you need to yell in a library.

*Your call is very important to us. Please enjoy this 40 minute flute solo.

*Procrastinators of the world, UNITE!! Tomorrow.

*What's the smoothest way to tell your dinner date that she has to get something of equal or lesser value?

*I'm just playing hard to take.

*If a telemarketer calls you, give the phone to your 3 yr old and tell them it's Santa Claus.

There are lots of good clean comedy, like Tim Hawkins...

Tim Hawkins on Products - YouTube

Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
I have those unexpected and spontaneous "bursts of laughter" at times...I laugh and laugh straight from my "gut" and feel like I've entered a "higher dimension!"...My Mom could be like this too. My sons used to say that me and my Mom had a "machine-gun" type of laugh once we got "going."...And it is hard to stop laughing. The "humor" seems to go on and on! Whatever "got me started" seems so funny! ...I believe in having a full range of emotions. (My Mom and Dad did too.).. To me this is all part of "being real" and reacting to what goes on around us...I "cry rivers" at times and I "get mad" and "feel sad" and "feel lost" but I also feel "very happy" too. (And fun-loving.) I look for "humor" in life to stay "balanced."

Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM

I just came across an old stand up routine by Jim Carey...
(I don't think there's any cussing, but a few suggestive remarks - so mostly appropriate for adults)...

Jim Carrey - Stand Up Comedy - YouTube

Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I don't think there's any cussing, but a few suggestive remarks - so mostly appropriate for adults)...
Bashing your partner over the head with a brick after... um... that "moment" and being Semen First Class... no problem! Rated G Stuff! Enjoyed the vid btw!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Bashing your partner over the head with a brick after... um... that "moment" and being Semen First Class... no problem! Rated G Stuff! Enjoyed the vid btw!
lol I'm glad you liked it.
That brick part, I hope people (esp. guys) realize he was being sarcastic... or rather pointing out the true intent like he did as he showed how guys should walk into clubs if they want to convey their true intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health