U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,247,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
ME---- my wife and family could not get rid of me...she tried once in a while to oust me--but I always slithered back into the home. No way after having all those kids was I about to be parted from them..they were so much fun and being a dad was kind of like being one of the kids...

I look back at old videos---and yes I took hundreds of hours of the kids--being in the film business _ I directed every scene---and those jam sessions we had with the pots and pans...would not have missed it for the world...Fathers sometimes get run off because the woman figures that she might just do better with someone else-----Like the creepy guy who would say "You are beautiful and I believe in you"---some woman will be swayed by flattery...

Well in the long run...my kids are fine..they are grown and love me- the wife lives down the street and made me a nice breakfast this morning...................You have to know what real wealth is- no way was I going to get robbed by divorce...besides....The adventure of raising and being a family was WONDERFUL\

This may sound harsh, but the way you describe things, it sounds like your wife was raising you along with the kids. And men wonder why wives want to move on?

If there are two parents in the home, then TWO parent's should be working together to raise the children. Not one parent doing all the work while the other parent plays along with the kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,916,804 times
Interesting subject, but I admit I am a little hesitant to answer. Not sure I should. I may end up erasing this.

When I first heard of divorce, I thought it was a wonderful invention, but Father and Mother stayed together, remaining married around 65 years. However, in my early years, Father was not home enough. He not only worked long hours and had a long commute, but the church where he ministered kept him away for hourse on end as well. As a result, we were severely abused while he was gone.

'nough written.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,259,052 times
I should have also amended the title, if someone had an absentee Mom also. Didn't mean to assume it only works one way.
thanks for the responses so far.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,247,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Interesting subject, but I admit I am a little hesitant to answer. Not sure I should. I may end up erasing this.

When I first heard of divorce, I thought it was a wonderful invention, but Father and Mother stayed together, remaining married around 65 years. However, in my early years, Father was not home enough. He not only worked long hours and had a long commute, but the church where he ministered kept him away for hourse on end as well. As a result, we were severely abused while he was gone.

'nough written.

I'm glad you posted this. Thank you for having the courage to share it.

People need to realize that divorce isn't always a bad thing and that staying in a bad marriage can be just as damaging to children.

Though I guess you can be an "absentee parent" while still being married.
That may also be a major issue with many bad marriages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health