Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you genuinely beleive that EVERYONE has a talent?
Yes. I beleive everyone has a talent. 19 51.35%
No. I do not beleive everyone has a talent. 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:31 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
I voted no, based on myself. I have average-to-above average knowledge of a lot of things, and passable skills at some things, but nothing exceptional. As a kid, I was always one of the lower chairs in music, lower end of the batting order, slightly above-average academically. There are a lot of people like me, with enough to live in the middle of the pack based on current society, but just not that special, nor talented.

Yea, this is more what I was talking about and I think there's a lot of people like this. I also beleive not every single person serves/has a purpose either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:12 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea, this is more what I was talking about and I think there's a lot of people like this. I also beleive not every single person serves/has a purpose either.
I know of a child that was very abused but remembered every kind thing that outside adults said to him. Sometimes it was just a smile but it was enough for him to hold on until he was out of the abusive situation.

You could smile at a stranger, tell someone that you like the color of their shirt - anything - and profoundly affect their life. Maybe that person was contemplating going home and swallowing a bottle of seconal. It happens.

Granted, that has nothing to do with talent but we alll touch each other, often in amazing ways that we never realize. We very well could all be here for a reason. None of us really know. But I've been around long enough to see this sort of interaction play out many times.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
I absolutely believe everyone is gifted at something. Not all find their gift or use it to their advantage though.

I was/am gifted at manipulating people and therefore became a public servant. No el oh el's necessary.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM

347 posts, read 314,708 times
Yes, I do.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
There is also the Talent for music, dancing, etc. that may be fantastic, but the personality of the person prevents him/her from getting up in front of people and performing. They will play, sing or dance for their own pleasure, not for the accolades of others.
This is my sister. She is a very talented painter. When she is finished with a painting, she tells her husband to store it in the basement. Very few people see her art. She is also the funniest person I know. She would make a fortune as a stand up comedian. But she has stage freight. My son has a friend who is a very talented artist but he never creates art anymore because he is partying his life away. He would be an example of a wasted talent, no pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health