U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,797,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Is this in reply to something that somebody else said?

Regardless, my answer to that would be...

Most of the time I don't believe in pretending, but there have been times when I've felt I've "had to" (I don't want to get into why right now). Sometimes when those situations arise, it turns out that "pretending" forces us to set some bad feelings aside temporarily. In the best of circumstances those bad feelings stay put away beyond that need to pretend.

Put another way, there have been times when I've had to fake not feeling like dirt for the sake of company or social circumstances and I found that after a while, the thing that I was feeling like dirt about no longer bothered me so much.
I don't remember EVER trying to pretend like that. But it sounds like a good coping mechanism and especially since it actually helps with the problem as a result. I wish I could do that. But I don't even understand what it means to pretend that you don't feel a certain way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 05:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 4,561,902 times
I just started a new job

There is no formal dress code. Except you can't wear blue jeans.

Well, a lot of girls in there dress like they are going to the club. Lots of tight slacks and 'sexy' tops going on. In other words there is just a huge competiton going on because they are all vying for male attention. And I am so annoyed and I feel insecure. I'm flat chested so I don't have any big boobs to push up in a sexy top. and I don't feel as attractive as the other girls. I may quit. It's really depressing me. I'm never in a good mood at this job

Old 06-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I just started a new job

Well, a lot of girls in there dress like they are going to the club. Lots of tight slacks and 'sexy' tops going on. In other words there is just a huge competiton going on because they are all vying for male attention. And I am so annoyed and I feel insecure. I'm flat chested so I don't have any big boobs to push up in a sexy top. and I don't feel as attractive as the other girls. I may quit. It's really depressing me. I'm never in a good mood at this job
I know what you mean. About two things. One of them being: I used to go to a place where people dressed like for a fashion show and I always felt so shabby in comparison.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 PM

248 posts, read 411,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I just started a new job

Well, a lot of girls in there dress like they are going to the club. Lots of tight slacks and 'sexy' tops going on. In other words there is just a huge competition going on because they are all vying for male attention. And I am so annoyed and I feel insecure. I'm flat chested so I don't have any big boobs to push up in a sexy top. and I don't feel as attractive as the other girls. I may quit. It's really depressing me. I'm never in a good mood at this job
You feel annoyed BECAUSE you are insecure. You are probably also feel jealous. Their behavior pushes your buttons.
But you are talking about work environment, so I have a question: are you there to work or are you there to compare outfits?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Dragonfly View Post
You feel annoyed BECAUSE you are insecure. You are probably also feel jealous. Their behavior pushes your buttons.
But you are talking about work environment, so I have a question: are you there to work or are you there to compare outfits?

Considering that we spend most of our awake time at work, I think it's important to feel good at your work place, right?

8 hours at work, and only about 4.5 at home

we live more at the work place

sometimes it makes life seem meaningless to me

why do we work?

so we can have money to sleep and eat and then go back to work?

maybe some day the society will evolve and have people do the jobs they ENJOY! Maybe I should start a topic: "life, what good is it?" or "what's the point of it"? Especially for those people who work so much they never have time to enjoy themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health