U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 5,906,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
This is a sign of passive suicidality. If you have a therapist, please discuss it with them. If you don't, get one!
passive suiciduality ? never heard of this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,285,084 times
It may not be a word or a diagnosis, but I get it, it speaks for itself.

I would love to not wake up, but I have my beloved Miniature Boston Terrier who depends on me, so I actually pray for God's protection when I am out.

What's "sad" is I could be dead at home for days before being found. I am not seeing my daughter until Wednesday, and although I have Bible Study tomorrow night, if my phone was not answered to confirm my going, I don't expect anyone to check on me right away. My poor "baby" would be trapped in a house with me with no way to do his business outside. What a mess someone would find! This is one reason I am moving back to Michigan and living with my favorite relative, a single (divorced) female who also lives alone with her pets. We both "need" each other.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 AM

5,364 posts, read 4,724,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post

I would love to not wake up, but I have my beloved Miniature Boston Terrier who depends on me, so I actually pray for God's protection when I am out.

What's "sad" is I could be dead at home for days before being found. I am not seeing my daughter until Wednesday, and although I have Bible Study tomorrow night, if my phone was not answered to confirm my going, I don't expect anyone to check on me right away. My poor "baby" would be trapped in a house with me with no way to do his business outside. What a mess someone would find! This is one reason I am moving back to Michigan and living with my favorite relative, a single (divorced) female who also lives alone with her pets. We both "need" each other.
Yep, same here. I have a cat. I have no kids, no job, nothing. I have a bible study group tonight (not religious, just seeking answers), but haven't been in weeks. Nobody cares. I do have 2 interviews this week, but have put so much pressure on myself that if I don't get an offer, well, may just completely give up. I can't take it anymore. Sick of feeling like a loser.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,285,084 times
Atlguy, you are NOT a loser! It is the nature of the world today! Too many educated people vying for too few jobs. Are you on the Work & Employment thread on C-D? There are so many in the same situation. But there is advice there that may help, and you may meet others that you can commiserate with. Don't put pressure on yourself! It is NOT you! Please find and "bond" with a relative or friend you grew up with, we all need that one person in our lives to hang on to. Stay strong, I know what you are going through, I've been there as you know.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,675,298 times
Yes.

Right about now I want to fall asleep and never wake up. Best possible outcome.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:26 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 5,906,692 times
Quote:

i want a puppy but i was going to get one when life was actually going right. i was going to get a mini-poo, i think is the name? its like mini poodles who don't grow and sometimes look like teddybears because of the hair? and thats nice you have someone to move with.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM

7,493 posts, read 10,133,053 times
Yep all the time.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:22 PM

16,053 posts, read 20,624,357 times
It sounds like you are suffering from depression, which is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You should go to your Doctor and share what you are feeling. There are often sliding scale fee mental health professionals and/or agencies. Please check into seeing someone about how you feel. Depression, which fits your description is a devastating, yet controllable disease. You owe it to yourself to be well, please ask your Doctor. I hope you find some help, you deserve better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Life is just overwhelming and sometimes I feel like going to sleep and not waking up . Sleep is my favorite activity. It's like an escape where I feel nothing. No worries,or sadness or anxiety just good feelings of nothingness,and sometimes you get to dream too which is fun. Anyone feel like this ?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 PM

106 posts, read 178,964 times
Quote:
Atlguy, you are NOT a loser! It is the nature of the world today! Too many educated people vying for too few jobs. Are you on the Work & Employment thread on C-D? There are so many in the same situation. But there is advice there that may help, and you may meet others that you can commiserate with. Don't put pressure on yourself! It is NOT you! Please find and "bond" with a relative or friend you grew up with, we all need that one person in our lives to hang on to. Stay strong, I know what you are going through, I've been there as you know.
You should try like dating and stuff.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:55 PM

77 posts, read 162,527 times
Yes, some years ago, I went to bed at 7pm or 8pm and I woke up at 11 or 12pm the next day. I had to have peace somewhere, sleeping was the best option. I had therapy and it changed faster than I thought. You should do the same. I was in therapy for like one and a half year and I had to stop it. I'm dying to take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health