U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:18 AM

12,547 posts, read 8,596,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykane213 View Post
I am severely depressed and anxiety ridden, I also have obsessive disturbing thoughts, this is why I want to sleep all day and night, it's my only peace. I wish there was something that would let me sleep all day... I do see a psychiatrist and counsler but nothing helps.
Has your psychiatrist prescribed any medication? I know a lot of people are against anti-depressants but they can work. I would also recommend getting a physical with a full blood panel. Especially get your thyroid checked.

I was on meds and then I got off them for a while and was against them because all the stuff I read on the internet. I finally realized I need something and I am back on them on a low dose and I am slowly getting back to my normal self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 12:25 AM

67 posts, read 127,858 times
Not forever, but I love sleeping a lot. It's like an escape. And I love having dreams. Plus, it's a good way to deal with boredom, especially if it's cold or raining outside or when I'm too lazy to leave my house- I just go to my bed and sleep. Not to mention the fact that it's warm and cozy. I bought my own heater so I have more control over the temperature of my room

Old 01-19-2016, 03:04 PM

15 posts, read 8,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Life is just overwhelming and sometimes I feel like going to sleep and not waking up . Sleep is my favorite activity. It's like an escape where I feel nothing. No worries,or sadness or anxiety just good feelings of nothingness,and sometimes you get to dream too which is fun. Anyone feel like this ?
I feel like this. I have been feeling like this since December. I have no idea why I get out of bed, I hate being awake. I rather be asleep. It's like being dead.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:43 AM

264 posts, read 344,499 times
My first thought when I get up in the morning is how I can't wait to get back into bed at night. I'm not really depressed though. I'm on medication to help it. I just love the hell out of sleep!!!

Old 01-28-2016, 07:49 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,070,623 times
Yes, like every day. Winter is a huge handicap to me. In warmer months, I'm at the gym early in the morning, have more energy, and just overall have better health. But these cold, wet, dark months just bring me so far down. I can lie in bed till 10 before the soreness of lying there makes me rise. And even then I move slowly.

I guess it's normal, but ugggg, I hate the see the seasons changing in the fall. To top off how rough this year has been for me, I started smoking at age 40.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:53 AM

691 posts, read 413,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil kitty View Post
Agh, I wish there is pill that induces a deep deep coma!
There is. It's called Thorazine.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:47 PM

42 posts, read 40,622 times
Yeah. Seems all I ever do in my spare time is sleep. Feel depressed and miserable so I just sleep.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 361 times
I too just wish I could sleep and retreat into my dreams. It is the only place I can be happy, feel loved and even have passion. As soon as I wake up I feel this horrible doom of a new day. I have felt this way the majority of my life but it has gotten far worse. When I'm awake I just cry and worry and hate myself and my life. When I look in the mirror I don't know what I see. It's like a stranger. It's not me. It's a strange feeling to not know who or what you see. It's someone I don't know, don't want to know. I get these moments where there's a loud screaming inside myself and I feel chills and creeped out. I've had that since I was a child too. I hate when that screaming starts. Sleep is my only comfort.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:39 PM

12,914 posts, read 5,935,349 times
Only over the holidays. I want to fall asleep the day before Thanksgiving and wake up Jan 2.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:59 PM

26,183 posts, read 9,846,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Only over the holidays. I want to fall asleep the day before Thanksgiving and wake up Jan 2.
I could say I use to feel this way, but now I don't care, just ignore holidays for the most. I've done years and years of this stuff and really don't give a Damn.

When I feel I want to leave this earth, yes I'd like to go for a LONG sleep...easy and peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health