Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,347,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Life is just overwhelming and sometimes I feel like going to sleep and not waking up . Sleep is my favorite activity. It's like an escape where I feel nothing. No worries,or sadness or anxiety just good feelings of nothingness,and sometimes you get to dream too which is fun. Anyone feel like this ?
Yes.

Additionally-
If I'm having good dreams, then I'm disappointed when I wake up to my actual/conscious life.
If I'm having nightmares, then it's quite a relief to wake up & realize that I'm safely returned to my real/waking life.

Seems a bit of a paradox, in that I'd much prefer to have pleasant dreams while asleep-yet, those are the ones that leave me even less satisfied with my actual/real life.
Bad dreams are the ones that make me grateful for the circumstances/state/condition of my waking life, but those dreams are so awful that I'd still rather not experience them (even in my imagination).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,438,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
When I was clinically depressed, I could "will" myself to sleep...for 20 hours a day. Comatose. There was so much I could not manage or deal with....glad I am not there any longer.
Same with me...and even after 20 hours...I yearned to go right back to sleep. I also have beaten the depression. It took many years (about 10) of suffereing and thinking it could not be done...but eventually I dug myself out.

Like a cancer than can always return, I have a respectful fear of it returning, but pray that it never does.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 PM

5,537 posts, read 6,453,338 times
My favorite part of the day is climbing into my comfortable bed and getting warm and toasty, my most disliked part of the day is having to get out of bed and begin my day.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 PM

54 posts, read 108,870 times
Can't wait for the day when I fall asleep and simply never wake up.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,347,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
My favorite part of the day is climbing into my comfortable bed and getting warm and toasty, my most disliked part of the day is having to get out of bed and begin my day.
QFT.
Esp. during this, the cold half of the year (Nov. through April, in the northeast).
If there were some elaborate emoticon to illustrate "being snuggled up cozy in bed", I'd use that to conclude my comment...

Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,674,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Yes.

Additionally-
If I'm having good dreams, then I'm disappointed when I wake up to my actual/conscious life.
If I'm having nightmares, then it's quite a relief to wake up & realize that I'm safely returned to my real/waking life.

Seems a bit of a paradox, in that I'd much prefer to have pleasant dreams while asleep-yet, those are the ones that leave me even less satisfied with my actual/real life.
Bad dreams are the ones that make me grateful for the circumstances/state/condition of my waking life, but those dreams are so awful that I'd still rather not experience them (even in my imagination).
I rather like nightmares sometimes . More exciting then real life

Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 PM

868 posts, read 1,120,048 times
Sleep and dreams are the only things I look forward to. I like those weird instances where you drift in & out of sleep, while experiencing multiple dreams.

Real life is crap.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
If I hear one more person say ahhhh honey it will get better I'm gonna puke!!!!! Don't you get it!!!! It doesn't get better!!!!!

Old 04-27-2014, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,248 times
Default Sleep forever

Take a nap???? Are you kidding me!!!!! I don't wanna take a nap!!!! I want to die!!!!!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 962 times
I am severely depressed and anxiety ridden, I also have obsessive disturbing thoughts, this is why I want to sleep all day and night, it's my only peace. I wish there was something that would let me sleep all day... I do see a psychiatrist and counsler but nothing helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health