U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 831 times

Advertisements

Has anyone noticed thinning of their hair while on Celexa and if so does it stop. I am female and have been on 10 mgs. for 4 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 PM

19,188 posts, read 5,180,977 times
Depends on the person, my husband took it and basically slept for 2 years, good thing he's retired...
(This was back in the 90's though, maybe it's improved now...)

Old 05-23-2013, 05:26 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,548,337 times
I take generic celexa , so far so good. Antidepressants affect everyone differently. You know your own body, trust your instincts. I have run the gamut on antidepressants and while talk therapy is good, sometimes you need a little more to get you back to whatever "normal" is for you.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:34 PM

1,878 posts, read 3,847,509 times
Years ago. It made me tired. I had to start cutting the pills in half. And didn't notice where it helped my depression much. Maybe it made me so tired I didn't think about my problems as much for a while, but that's it. haha

Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,721,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I was just prescribed Celexa and was wondering if anyone has experience with it?
I suffer from severe depression, and was on the generic form called Citalopram for around 8/9 years. I took it in conjunction with Wellbutrin. It worked great for me for a very long time!! However, it recently became less effective. I was starting to get bouts of break through depression. So my doc prescribed Zoloft (Setralline generic) in conjunction with Wellbutrin. I feel like myself again. It is working great!!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 5,918,540 times
hmm this was a year ago... i didnt take it because since i will have to keep taking or risk negative effects i just better stay sad.. i dont know when i will have health insurance or not have it so there's always a chance i wont be able to get anymore..so i just stay sad.. however with my car accident around the time this was posted they gave me anxiety pills that aren't addicting so i take those.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 PM

28 posts, read 56,239 times
I think this drug is also prescribed for anxiety, not just depression. My doctor prescribed this for me because I told her I couldn't deal with the anxiety when I was in school and having to see patients. She only prescribed me like 10 mg and I only took it for a week and then I stopped. I think this drug causes high blood pressure also.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 PM

7,635 posts, read 13,454,837 times
I tried it many many years ago (probably some time in the '90s) ... when I mentioned it to a good friend of mine, he said "oh, you mean side-effects-a" -- he was a doctor and he said that was the docs' nickname for it.

I stopped taking it not because of side effects (I don't recall any) but because for me it didn't do a thing.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:51 AM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
244 posts, read 322,754 times
I took it for several months a little over 10 years ago when I was in a VERY bad job situation that caused me to exhibit symptoms of depression. It helped and I didn't have a lot of side effects. I did, however have one in that...well let's just say I became very indifferent about my sex life. Eventually, my job situation resolved itself (I was able to leave) and I tapered off the Celexa successfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health