U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
From what you are saying, I think you would be a good candidate for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. As others have said, finding a therapist is your best bet. Issues such as this are very difficult to sort out, and it often takes a great deal of time, even with a good therapist. Forums such as City Data are a good way to get started, but are ineffective when is comes to resolving complex issues such as this.

The problem of being unable to pay for therapy is certainly a major roadblock. I would call some therapists in your area to see if anyone offers a sliding scale, or if there are any clinics out there that offer reduced fees. Clinical Social Workers, in particular, are often willing to work with clients on a sliding scale, or even for no charge. Many therapists in other disciplines are also willing to do the same. Some clinics that are associated with a University may offer very affordable (or free) therapy from graduate-level therapy or Social Work students. Students in these settings are supervised by experienced, licensed therapists.

If you are able to get a job in the future, you may be able to take advantage of a Employment Assistance Program. Many of these programs can provide you with therapy at no charge (at least for a few sessions.) Of course, medical insurance is also another viable payment source for therapy.

Well, actually I found a social worker who recommended me a therapist for no charge but, it was like talking to my mom. I didn't feel she was understanding what I was saying and she like got upset soon, so I quit. So I hope to get a job soon to look for my ex therapist, which I left because of the money.

You gave me many optios, I will see them all and I hope to find one therapist soon. Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 AM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Therapy...seriously.
I know, I know:P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,308,691 times
Reputation: 7553
OP, I agree with Kin Atoms, sounds like Sex aversion.....I also would probably not make a decent gf or wife just seeing how some of these men responds to women they want this type of woman and that type. Too much trouble. You're either that packaged and ready to go or your not I guess.

I don't know what therapy is supposed to do, it's not going to do anything actually. If you has a sex aversion, there's not a 'regular' man in the modern world that wants a woman with this, they're way to wrapped up in sex/sexuality for it. Sorry to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
OP, I agree with Kin Atoms, sounds like Sex aversion.....I also would probably not make a decent gf or wife just seeing how some of these men responds to women they want this type of woman and that type. Too much trouble. You're either that packaged and ready to go or your not I guess.

I don't know what therapy is supposed to do, it's not going to do anything actually. If you has a sex aversion, there's not a 'regular' man in the modern world that wants a woman with this, they're way to wrapped up in sex/sexuality for it. Sorry to tell you.

So your big advice is don't look for help and noone will want you?.. I can't take it, sorry to tell you.

I've overcome many things and I'm going to overcome this one. You shouldn't be that negative and pessimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Cartersville, GA
1,256 posts, read 3,070,324 times
Reputation: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't know what therapy is supposed to do, it's not going to do anything actually.
This is akin to telling someone with chest pain that there is no reason to see a doctor, because there is nothing that can be done. There are a multitude of therapeutic techniques that have been proven to be effective in the treatment of sexual dysfunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
So your big advice is don't look for help and noone will want you?.. I can't take it, sorry to tell you.

I've overcome many things and I'm going to overcome this one. You shouldn't be that negative and pessimistic.
A well worded response. With this attitude, treatment is even more likely to be successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:33 PM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post



A well worded response. With this attitude, treatment is even more likely to be successful.

I'm looking for some therapy right now. Thank you so much for your words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,308,691 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
So your big advice is don't look for help and noone will want you?.. I can't take it, sorry to tell you.

I've overcome many things and I'm going to overcome this one. You shouldn't be that negative and pessimistic.

yep that's my 'big advice' based on my own experience in similar situation.

but since you already knew you'd 'overcome it' I don't see what the need for all this was but whatever.

and I won't be changing my attitude and opinions for you and don't see any reason to do so anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:36 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,308,691 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
This is akin to telling someone with chest pain that there is no reason to see a doctor, because there is nothing that can be done. There are a multitude of therapeutic techniques that have been proven to be effective in the treatment of sexual dysfunction.



A well worded response. With this attitude, treatment is even more likely to be successful.

LMAO. Do you have this particular problem? And if so what have you tried that actually worked? Because far as I'm concerned it's all BS and nothing works for these issues. If the OP doesn't want to hear that, then too bad, maybe you can suggest to us all some of the 'multitude of therapeutic techniques' that so called work for this issue? Because, again, I know of none. So my opinion stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:44 PM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yep that's my 'big advice' based on my own experience in similar situation.

but since you already knew you'd 'overcome it' I don't see what the need for all this was but whatever.

and I won't be changing my attitude and opinions for you and don't see any reason to do so anyways.
That's the key. You couldn't overcome things so you think anyone could. I know, based on my own experience that I can do it and that's also why I don't accept that negative attitude; because I know it's useless and just doesn't help you.


I'm not asking you to change your attitude, I never did. I was wondering why were you so negative and I know it now. You can be whatever you want, though.

I talk about this because I think I have the right to express how I feel. And it's always helpful to receive advices of honest people who tries to understand me, I appreciate it a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:48 PM
 
77 posts, read 162,696 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. Do you have this particular problem? And if so what have you tried that actually worked? Because far as I'm concerned it's all BS and nothing works for these issues. If the OP doesn't want to hear that, then too bad, maybe you can suggest to us all some of the 'multitude of therapeutic techniques' that so called work for this issue? Because, again, I know of none. So my opinion stands.
This answer was not for me but I think I can give my opinion. What you say is only a try to make people believe that anything is useful, life sucks and you just have to prepare to die. But you have to understand that it's not that way. I don't know what has happened to you but I think if therapy didn't work for you, maybe it was because you had this negative view of the things. I hope you to find a way soon. Honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top