U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 PM

8,712 posts, read 10,298,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
That's the key. You couldn't overcome things so you think anyone could. I know, based on my own experience that I can do it and that's also why I don't accept that negative attitude; because I know it's useless and just doesn't help you.

I'm not asking you to change your attitude, I never did. I was wondering why were you so negative and I know it now. You can be whatever you want, though.

I talk about this because I think I have the right to express how I feel. And it's always helpful to receive advices of honest people who tries to understand me, I appreciate it a lot.

Look lady, you posted a question and asked about this subject. One that I do know about personally. If you don't agree with or like the answer, then I don't know what to tell you. I am basing it off my experiences and in my experiences there aren't any answers for this issue. I am so 'negative' because I don't see things the way other people's think I should or the way they do. I am tired of hearing 'how' I should think, I'm not interested....If you wanted certain types of answers and not others I'm non interested in catering my thoughts to certain people. anyways good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
This answer was not for me but I think I can give my opinion. What you say is only a try to make people believe that anything is useful, life sucks and you just have to prepare to die. But you have to understand that it's not that way. I don't know what has happened to you but I think if therapy didn't work for you, maybe it was because you had this negative view of the things. I hope you to find a way soon. Honestly.
i had the attitude that therapy would work when I tried it and then figured out it's all a load of crap and doesn't work. But anyways, life is not that way for YOU, you can't say how it is for anyone else. good luck finding answers for this problem and just like i told the other person, if they know so much maybe they can tell us all how to fix things in life via therapy.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 AM

77 posts, read 162,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
i had the attitude that therapy would work when I tried it and then figured out it's all a load of crap and doesn't work. But anyways, life is not that way for YOU, you can't say how it is for anyone else. good luck finding answers for this problem and just like i told the other person, if they know so much maybe they can tell us all how to fix things in life via therapy.
That's exactly what I said to you. Life is different to everybody and I know a negative attitude is not good for therapy, for life, for anything... Thank you, I will find the answers I need, I'm sure of that.

He just said one, a good and optimistic attitude of wanting to improve.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I said to you. Life is different to everybody and I know a negative attitude is not good for therapy, for life, for anything... Thank you, I will find the answers I need, I'm sure of that.

He just said one, a good and optimistic attitude of wanting to improve.

i don't really care about a negative attitude being this or that, sick and tired of hearing about it, no offense. everyone has all the freaking answers, yet they don't actually.

ok yw. hope you do. gn

Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
i don't really care about a negative attitude being this or that, sick and tired of hearing about it, no offense. everyone has all the freaking answers, yet they don't actually.

ok yw. hope you do. gn
I'm not saying I have all the answers, it's hard to overcome something, that's what I know, it's very very hard, but you can doit.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM

6,118 posts, read 8,705,452 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I have all the answers, it's hard to overcome something, that's what I know, it's very very hard, but you can doit.
I wouldn't put much stock in her "advice" she is pessimistic to the max by her own admission.

Lots of people have lots of problems. Admitting you have a problem is the first step and by actively seeking solutions and having a positive attitude I believe you can overcome most anything.

If you feel you are repulsive to the opposite sex then you will be. People like confident people. No one wants to be around someone who is constantly saying how ugly they are.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM

16,082 posts, read 24,688,193 times
Quote:
Guys were interested in me but I just feel like a stupid interpreting a role
I have never known what pleasure means, I don't see it as something pure, I think it's dirty, and I feel dirty for writing about it.

I don't think I'm going to ne able to change it but, I just wanted to express it.

Tells us about your childhood, what happened..... Honest question.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:41 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,069,019 times
Quote:
<snip>...as I'm concerned it's all BS and nothing works for these issues.<snip>
There is more than a little research on this topic. Start here.

Please cite your research that proves the inefficiency of this techniques.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
There is more than a little research on this topic. Start here.

Please cite your research that proves the inefficiency of this techniques.

I don't know about any 'research' that someone sitting behind a desk did, I am talking about myself and what I been through personally. So the "proof" of the inefficiency of some damn counseling on these matters is right here: it doesn't work. Take it or leave it.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
If you feel you are repulsive to the opposite sex then you will be. People like confident people. No one wants to be around someone who is constantly saying how ugly they are.
Yes, I get that. You transmit how you feel. That's why I need to understand what's the root of everything. And actually I don't have that attitude, everybody sees me as a happy person, which I am, but these deep things come to my mind once in a while, I think I shouldn't focus so much on that and pay more attention to who I am right now. I'm working no it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or