U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 04:42 AM

1,256 posts, read 3,067,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't know about any 'research' that someone sitting behind a desk did, I am talking about myself and what I been through personally. So the "proof" of the inefficiency of some damn counseling on these matters is right here: it doesn't work. Take it or leave it.
This is akin to saying that no one should eat asparagus because I do not like it. What does not work for me may nonetheless work well for millions of other individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM

8,712 posts, read 10,291,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
This is akin to saying that no one should eat asparagus because I do not like it. What does not work for me may nonetheless work well for millions of other individuals.

I never said whatever you did, didn't work.... I said none of that therapy crap ever worked for me. So as far as I'm concerned it doesn't work. You seem to have an issue with me saying, what didn't work for me. How you can determine that one way or the other, I don't know.

If it worked for you then that's your buisness but IMO the whole therapy process is a fu*king joke.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
This is akin to telling someone with chest pain that there is no reason to see a doctor, because there is nothing that can be done. There are a multitude of therapeutic techniques that have been proven to be effective in the treatment of sexual dysfunction.

A well worded response. With this attitude, treatment is even more likely to be successful.

Again, you don't know what kind of attitude I had when I did therapy, so telling folks a 'positive attitude' is going to equal success in therapy is laughable. Therapy is really helping a lot of people out there, that's why so many are still so fu*ked up. Sure some of them had a 'positive attitude' going into too, didn't seem to change much.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 PM

77 posts, read 162,527 times
Quote:

I don't know what therapy is supposed to do, it's not going to do anything actually. If you has a sex aversion, there's not a 'regular' man in the modern world that wants a woman with this, they're way to wrapped up in sex/sexuality for it. Sorry to tell you.
Quote:
I never said whatever you did, didn't work.... I said none of that therapy crap ever worked for me. So as far as I'm concerned it doesn't work. You seem to have an issue with me saying, what didn't work for me. How you can determine that one way or the other, I don't know.

If it worked for you then that's your buisness but IMO the whole therapy process is a fu*king joke.

Yes, you did. You say it was not going to work with me and that not a regular man would want a woman like me. And you assumed that as it did not work for you then it would not work for me. Again, you are wrong. If you just stop looking for help and you determine that nothing works for you then you have another problem. When someone says that it's going to look for help and you can't encourage them and just have negative things to say then don't say anything at all! Having that kind of concept about life just sucks, it doesn't help and it's not real.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
Yes, you did. You say it was not going to work with me and that not a regular man would want a woman like me. And you assumed that as it did not work for you then it would not work for me. Again, you are wrong. If you just stop looking for help and you determine that nothing works for you then you have another problem. When someone says that it's going to look for help and you can't encourage them and just have negative things to say then don't say anything at all! Having that kind of concept about life just sucks, it doesn't help and it's not real.

Yes, you're right I did say that: Because in my personal experience no regular men do not want women with any kind of sexual disorders. So no I do not think therapy is going to 'fix this' nor do I think men lust after women with sexual disorders. This is my opinion, not the Gospel. If you want to seek therapy then it's no skin off my back.

If you think you're going to conduct me on what to say, you're wasting your time, LOL. If you wanted me to kiss your behind and tell you "there, there, everything is going to work out," look elsewhere. You posted a thread, I told you my experience, take it or leave it, I really don't care what you do. bye.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 PM

77 posts, read 162,527 times
Quote:
Yes, you're right I did say that: Because in my personal experience no regular men do not want women with any kind of sexual disorders. So no I do not think therapy is going to 'fix this' nor do I think men lust after women with sexual disorders. This is my opinion, not the Gospel. If you want to seek therapy then it's no skin off my back.

If you think you're going to conduct me on what to say, you're wasting your time, LOL. If you wanted me to kiss your behind and tell you "there, there, everything is going to work out," look elsewhere. You posted a thread, I told you my experience, take it or leave it, I really don't care what you do. bye.
And men and women don't like people with this kind of thinking. So pessimistic, so depressant, so empty.

Your experience is sad and your advices are useless. So, I leave it.

Bye.

Last edited by CreepyMuse; 06-06-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or