Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

i think you should start showing your child you don't need some deadbeat man to help you in life. God have not provide a partner for you and has not done a whole lot of things for other people. I don't think he cares what half these people do, but that's a different story....anyway you should join those playdates and things like that with other mothers at the parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNBFox View Post
I am a believer in God & my Lord & Savior, a strong believer. In the physical however, I am so alone. Ive jumped from one bad relationship to the next and finally ended up with a beautiful baby boy from my last relationship, whom I have come to understand that I must raise on my own. On top of that, the family that I do have, which is very small, has turned their back on me. No help, no love, no security, no peace.
I feel like a pyriah. How could you turn your back on your own flesh and blood? I worry alot about, God forbid, something happening to me and theres no one to care for my son. God is with me always, in spirit and in truth but physically I wish that I had someone who cared and would be there for us. My baby is still young (16 months) and he doesn't know whats happening. He knows that he used to see a guy that never paid him much attention (his dad) and now he sees nobody but mommy. It saddens and depresses me. How do I do this? I can't teach a man to be a man. I need HELP! I need help...

Hang on! You don't have to "teach" your son to be a man. Remember, young babies come into this world "unprogrammed." They learn, we all did by copying, by example, and by having the patient and right types of stimulus for us to "react rightly" to.

All you have to do is treat him like a man, within the confines of common sense, meaning as much as you can. He will grow into the role if you don't baby him, demean or emotionally abuse him. When he is six and eight, start asking his opinion on things, maybe even at a younger age.

He is a man inside, or will be...just waiting to grow up. he'll have a male ego, etc.

A patient, above all and respectful mother will raise a boy that grows up to be a true man. You'll see~

I am sorry that you feel alone. Please consider using this time to meditate and pray, to seek God, like using the down time as you wait for someone else to come into your life. God made us in His likeness and in His image, so surely He is likely to answer prayers and wishes quicker if you are seeking Him so that He doesn't feel alone and ignored by you, so to speak.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Pressures on a single mother/parent can be overwhelming. It truly IS all on your shoulders.

But you are not alone - you have your beautiful baby. You will dig down and find such strength inside of you to complete the task of raising your child. You will do things you never thought you could; some of them you may do alone. Along the road ~ you may find a helping hand or two.

Many days will be hard and you will feel despair, fear, and exhaustion. Tears will flow.

But not all days should be like that. Hopefully, you will find a part of the community that you can be part of and help each other out.

As you watch your son succeed and grow - you will keep doing what you have to do in order to keep him thriving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health