U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 12:16 AM

994 posts, read 1,396,171 times

Advertisements

I will post this dream I had back in early 2009 as I wrote it down in my journal.

"It goes where I am in either the city of Fargo or Las Vegas (someplace flat with a lot of lights, it probably was a hybrid of both cities) and I am inside one of the units of a ritzy condominium tower looking into the night sky. There was lightning in the sky from a thunderstorm and at the horizon the clouds and hills started acting funny. I remember wandering around a bit in my condo unit (I am a female in this dream judging by my bike shorts and sports bra) and the wind outside picked up more and more as the hills on the horizon started to actually move towards the condominium. As it came closer, I could see that it was huge, a monster made of the hills and mountains with thousands of faces, both human and demonic. It tore through the buildings and roads in front of it, and at this point the wind outside was so powerful it blew out the windows in my condo and stuff outside was flying around, just like a tornado. The monster now was maybe a mile from the condo and the winds now began to shear off floors of the condominium. Floor after floor blew away until the walls and roof of my condo blew away along with most of the furniture. Now the monster was right on top of the streets around the condo and I got a much better look at it. It was huge; imagine Mount Rushmore or the Santa Monica Mountains coming alive and running at you. The entire monster was covered with tens of thousands of faces now and the largest face was staring right down at me. The whole condo was surrounded by debris and crap swirling around in the wind and a sword and shield materialized in my hands. The monster roared and two huge tentacles grew out of it and lunged towards me. A gust of wind blew my shield away and one of the tentacles grabbed me, and smaller tentacles from the big one began to wrap around me as I was lifted up by the monster. I was now maybe fifty meters above the condo and I caught a golf club that was blowing around in the cyclone in my left hand while I tried to cut the tentacles with the sword in my right hand. All of a sudden a lightning bolt hit the golf club. I immediately plunged the sword into the big tentacle and completed the circuit. The lightning bolt went through my nervous system (causing my eyes to glow electric blue/purple in the process) and right into the monster. As the lightning flowed (this lasted about fifteen seconds in total) I could hear screaming and weird moans coming from the monster and the inside of the monster began to light up. You could even see light coming out of the faces as the monster began to back away from the condo and the small and big tentacles holding me blew up and I was tossed back down to the condo. The monster began to dissolve and I saw my sword spin away onto the street somewhere. Some sort of weird flying Corvette car came up to me (it was like a Corvette from the future, and don’t ask me where the golf club went) and as I got into it I was sort of sad at losing my sword. I kept getting the feeling that the sword was Ford Motors (I am a GM fan but after buying my Ford Taurus I can vouch for Henry Ford’s company as well). As we took off and away, the monster blew up and then I woke up. I don’t remember seeing any people in this dream but if they were there, they probably ran off."

Has anyone had a dream like this? I've had the epic/lucid dreams for most of my life and don't understand why. I don't know if this is a nightmare or not, to be honest. Not meaning to be a nag but this has me wondering...

Last edited by fireandice1000; 06-10-2012 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: Coding gibberish from MS Word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 04:25 PM

2,399 posts, read 2,759,770 times
Hi FireAndIce...
What a dream! It sounds like something from a movie.
Actually maybe movies are a reflection of several peoples' subconscious & if they do well at the box office, resonate with that of others, too.

I think it's great that you keep a journal - very therapeutic.
As far as gaining some insight as to what the interpretation of your symbolic dream is, maybe you could check this out & look up each symbol & see what resonates with you, to understand more what may be going on with you subconsciously...

Just look up each symbolic thing in your dream under the alphabet on the link below...
IE:
"City: To see a city in your dream signifies your social environment and sense of community. If you dream of a big city, then it suggests that you need to develop closer ties and relationships. You are feeling alienated and alone. To dream that you are in a deserted city indicates that you feel rejected by those around you."
To dream of a city in ruins denotes that you are neglecting your social relationships and allowing them to deteriorate."
Dream Moods A-Z Dream Dictionary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health