U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Energized or not by days when it's dark and rainy outside?
Yes! I love dreary, dark rainy days! 29 82.86%
No! I hate dreary dark rainy days! 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM

9,947 posts, read 17,861,267 times

Advertisements

I'm with subject2change--I like a change when it's been too much of one thing. It also depends on the season--I love crisp sunny days in the fall and spring, and rainy days in the summer or spring. I love the occasional rainy day at school b/c I feel like I may as well concentrate on school--can't do anything outside. The days I like least are the hot humid hazy/sunny days b/c they really do a number on my eyes--I think the humidity and haze capture the light like millions of little mirrors and reflect them back and that's why it's so hard to keep my eyes open outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 03:53 PM

12,120 posts, read 29,311,246 times
i love overcast weather. makes it easier to work and even stay at the office longer. i especially love an overcast day like in early October when you can smell people's fireplaces burning outside. makes it more worthwhile staying indoors. overcast days do have more character and are more memorable. i remember the fall of 1972 (when i was only 10) was loaded with overcast days i actually remember election day of that year (Nixon/McGovern) was an overcast day

Old 08-31-2014, 12:58 AM

1,281 posts, read 983,897 times
I certainly don't consider rainy, cloudy days as dreary at all. They're life-giving in more ways than one.....I am happier by far on cloudy days than I am in the bright-ass rays of the sun.....which can **** off for all I care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or