Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 03:24 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,616,013 times

Advertisements

Here's my issue. The net is overtaking me. LOL Online too much when rushing to do things just to check mail, or on here, or look up things, youtubes, etc. It is madhouse in my head.

Then, I wonder what I'd do w/out it for days. I can't travel much, or shop too long w/ out leaving pc on & wasting money.

Anyway, this sounds ridiculous yet it is real. How embarrassing but oh so annoying real. Sorry to vent tonite but a couple red wines for the heart'll do this to ya.

I've had similar issue w/ booze, sports, music/bands, etc. I really get too much into things when I enjoy them but don't like the all-consuming thing that seems to occur. Ok, thanks for thinking I need the looney bin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
So, what thoughts are you trying to put out of your head by obsessing with all of these addictive activities? You avoid reflecting on your life and situation, etc. by doing this, maybe? How do you feel about your life and where it is going? The problem with these obsessions is that they take away from your life and you have little to show for the time you have spent and I always think this just becomes a vicious cycle because people need to have something to show for their time.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
I guess you gotta just live with that addictive personality...aren't we all...in some way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health