U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 AM

77 posts, read 162,725 times

Advertisements

Breast cancer. I was checking my boobs and I notices one was bigger than the other one (which is normal), inmediatly I said: I have breast cancer. I was so worried, I started cheking everything was ok, I looked for information on the internet, I looked experiences, the symptoms, etc.

It ended when I when to the doctor and she said I had hemorrhoids , I had blood in stool and blabla, now, I'm SURE it's colon cancer. My doctor said it wasn't, that I'm improving, but I almost can't sleep thining that I'm going to die of cancer, I'm so sad right now.

Before all of this, I felt heat and I assumed it was cancer, maybe skin cancer because I was one hour and the song was really strong and burning. Things like that, I'm tired, I have a headache right now because I know all the website sthat talk about colon cancer, I can't sleep, I've cried rivers and I don't know how to think another think. It's really frustrating. Some time ago it was wirth other illnesses but now its all about cancer.

My family doesn't have cancer histry but I practically saw a mom's friendsdie and some distant uncles also had cancer, one because he smokes alot and other ones I dont know they are like 50 years old.

I'm 24, and I CAN'T stoip thinking about it. How can I change it, pleasE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 AM

467 posts, read 584,297 times
I think it's OK to think about cancer; certainly, it is a legitimate health concern that the culture doesn't really have an answer for. Lifestyle and diet choices seem to play a central role, from what I've read something called polyunsaturated fats which are pro inflammatory are a likely cause:
Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may be dangerous to your health

Practical suggestions:

It is impossible to completely avoid PUFAs if one eats a natural diet and so the ongoing discussion of whether or not some PUFAs are essential is moot. Even "fat-free" foods contain trace amounts of PUFAs. A rational approach would be to avoid the PUFA-containing foods to the extent that is possible and redirect the choice of fats to the ones containing the most saturation. One study showed that just 0.5 percent of the diet in PUFAs is enough to trigger cancer. The best choices include fats from ruminant animals (i.e. cows, sheeps and goats), coconut oil, cocoa butter and palm kernel oil. Olive oil is generally safe, but contains 10 percent PUFAs so should be used in moderation.
[LEFT]
Learn more: Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) may be dangerous to your health
[/LEFT]

Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,250,882 times
It's not "Ok to think about cancer." If you believe thoughts create reality (quantum physics), then you don't want to be thinking about disease.

It seems you have anxiety . . .maybe you could work with a hynotherapist as an adjunct to whatever anxiety treatment you might go for who will make a CD for you to play - a CD of positive thoughts.

In the meantime, you could go on YouTube and put "Louise Hay Power Thoughts" in the search function - there is a video that has 100 or 101 great affirmations.

You need to replace the scary thoughts with positive thoughts, bottom line.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Status: "Practice random acts of kindness and goodwill." (set 2 days ago)

19,583 posts, read 24,522,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
Breast cancer. I was checking my boobs and I notices one was bigger than the other one (which is normal), inmediatly I said: I have breast cancer. I was so worried, I started cheking everything was ok, I looked for information on the internet, I looked experiences, the symptoms, etc.

It ended when I when to the doctor and she said I had hemorrhoids , I had blood in stool and blabla, now, I'm SURE it's colon cancer. My doctor said it wasn't, that I'm improving, but I almost can't sleep thining that I'm going to die of cancer, I'm so sad right now.

Before all of this, I felt heat and I assumed it was cancer, maybe skin cancer because I was one hour and the song was really strong and burning. Things like that, I'm tired, I have a headache right now because I know all the website sthat talk about colon cancer, I can't sleep, I've cried rivers and I don't know how to think another think. It's really frustrating. Some time ago it was wirth other illnesses but now its all about cancer.

My family doesn't have cancer histry but I practically saw a mom's friendsdie and some distant uncles also had cancer, one because he smokes alot and other ones I dont know they are like 50 years old.

I'm 24, and I CAN'T stoip thinking about it. How can I change it, pleasE?

I don't know why you are doing this - but I would stop! Now. Statistically, your chances of getting cancer especially, colon or breast cancer are miniscule. So low that to waste one second of your life thinking about this disease is silly.

Thinking and obsessing about a dreaded disease is not healthy. In fact, I believe that we attract what we think about most. I would seriously stop thinking about this NOW.

If you can not do this on your own, I'd seek the advice of a mental health professional.
Cancer appears to be the least of your problems.

I'm not being mean, I'm telling you the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health