Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 AM

377 posts, read 575,705 times

Advertisements

4 Maccabees 1 CEB - The principle of clear thinking - I
This is exactly how I have talked to myself, ever since my continuous memory which began when I stepped into my first grade room in Van Ness Elementary School in Washington, DC in September, 1935.
I discovered the books of the Maccabees because of Hanukkah. However, I never found these books until 1988 when the team from overseas came to the US and started explaining the events as a Jewish Civil War. This team was the same team that educated about the Bible Code.

That got me thinking about all the books labeled "Maccabees". When I finally found this book, then I felt really self-confident about my own mental health. This occurred around 2003. Until then my user-name explained my mental health: Machiavelli, Nietzsche, Spinoza, Galileo. Actually, I think 4 Maccabees explains them too.

Now how can I find a lawyer, social worker, psychiatrist to help me with this precise definition of mental health? I think it's easier simply using the word "Jesus" or "Allah" to get this kind of attention than it is to use 4 Maccabees. Especially in this season of the year.

The Bible doesn't necessarily mean "holy", it can mean "wholely/wholly". It can be used by psychiatrists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 01:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,279,455 times
There is no precise definition of Mental Health...

And actually mental health is being "flexible" about things in life rather than "ridged" and "unbending".

So you would be best to accept that there are various views as to what mental health is. And that it does not need to be exact. In my view that would be more "mentally healthy"!

Also I have found that many religions have "agendas" (gaining $$ or power for the specific group of people / church) and that in some cases might not be conducive to mental health - it is an "unbending" thing! i.e. "You must be this way." Well for one good reason or another, some people can't be that way. That causes conflict - not good. Not healthy.

An "open mind" and "flexibility" are easier on the "nerves"!

Note: I have nothing against churches or religions. Some of them have some pretty sound ideas and teachings. It is just they sometimes lack flexibility.

Things written many years ago may not apply to modern times...

How about "Halizah" where "...In the presence of town elders, the widow loosens the shoe of the brother-in-law, spits upon the ground before him, and recites a prescribed formula which scolds him for not building his brother's household..."

"...the Biblical law of levirate marriage is still presumed in force, thus making the childless widow who remarries someone other than her brother-in-law without performing the halizah ceremony an adulterer..."

So things like that pop up in various religions. Here is more on the above...
Halizah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
nutty buddy or fruitcakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health