U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

hey real talk here: what really mess you up? i remember a few things that cause me trama ? as kids we start out thinking we can be anything do anything .... then life happens ..... what set u back?


1- i got kidnapped at age 8 ? cause some serious drama in my life..

2- got into a lot fight while growing up..... bottle up anger.

3- daddy left me and my brothers - cause mistrust, issue, anger and issue with love

your turn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 PM
 
36 posts, read 37,914 times
Reputation: 26
i have no idea why i'm screwed up but recently i betrayed my best friend and i'm learning that i'm emotionally effed up, it stinks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyourbest View Post
i have no idea why i'm screwed up but recently i betrayed my best friend and i'm learning that i'm emotionally effed up, it stinks

what you do, dude ? seek in your past to find why your mess it .... it could be as simple as someone spoiling u........ sorry u all effed up!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
hey come on, no body wants to talk about there pain ......... this is anyomous come on ................ i promise i won't tell any one .....????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 AM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
Here are some options for men seeking to improve themselves:
  • You are the only one who can make you angry—accept this responsibility and you’ve a come a long way towards getting better.
  • Write down the irrational thinking that contributes to your anger (people should always treat me kindly, etc.). Ask yourself where you developed this thinking and give yourself some alternative thoughts that are more productive.
  • Become more aware of tuning into your body when you begin to become angry. Deep diaphragmatic breathing is a great way to do this. The ideas is to focus on you, not the “target” of the anger.
  • Prepare yourself before a stressful situation and “practice” your new, calmer response to it. Be aware that it might take some time to feel comfortable with this new response.
  • Find the stressors in your life that might be contributing to your anger—do what you can to reduce these stressors and add some self-care into your life.
from a doctor----of the mind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 AM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
Here are some options for men seeking to improve themselves:
  • You are the only one who can make you angry—accept this responsibility and you’ve a come a long way towards getting better.
  • Write down the irrational thinking that contributes to your anger (people should always treat me kindly, etc.). Ask yourself where you developed this thinking and give yourself some alternative thoughts that are more productive.
  • Become more aware of tuning into your body when you begin to become angry. Deep diaphragmatic breathing is a great way to do this. The ideas is to focus on you, not the “target” of the anger.
  • Prepare yourself before a stressful situation and “practice” your new, calmer response to it. Be aware that it might take some time to feel comfortable with this new response.
  • Find the stressors in your life that might be contributing to your anger—do what you can to reduce these stressors and add some self-care into your life.
from a doctor----of the mind
self help ---------- for men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 04:52 PM
 
7,357 posts, read 8,344,685 times
Reputation: 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
Here are some options for men seeking to improve themselves:
  • You are the only one who can make you angry—accept this responsibility and you’ve a come a long way towards getting better.
  • Write down the irrational thinking that contributes to your anger (people should always treat me kindly, etc.). Ask yourself where you developed this thinking and give yourself some alternative thoughts that are more productive.
  • Become more aware of tuning into your body when you begin to become angry. Deep diaphragmatic breathing is a great way to do this. The ideas is to focus on you, not the “target” of the anger.
  • Prepare yourself before a stressful situation and “practice” your new, calmer response to it. Be aware that it might take some time to feel comfortable with this new response.
  • Find the stressors in your life that might be contributing to your anger—do what you can to reduce these stressors and add some self-care into your life.
from a doctor----of the mind

one can only hope that doctor of unoriginal cliched ideas is now retired

i hate this crap about how only you can make you angry , it baschically lets everyone off the hook for everything

i was never an angry person until a really bad person messed me up , that wasnt my fault on any level , if it was , i could deal with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
one can only hope that doctor of unoriginal cliched ideas is now retired

i hate this crap about how only you can make you angry , it basically lets everyone off the hook for everything

i was never an angry person until a really bad person messed me up , that wasnt my fault on any level , if it was , i could deal with it
the truth is man can control his anger..........but we refuse to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
one can only hope that doctor of unoriginal cliched ideas is now retired

i hate this crap about how only you can make you angry , it baschically lets everyone off the hook for everything

i was never an angry person until a really bad person messed me up , that wasnt my fault on any level , if it was , i could deal with it
i wonder what that bad person did to u .. is that what the thread about ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
 
657 posts, read 612,084 times
Reputation: 437
so no one wants to talk about what is wrong, or what went wrong ?

no wonder we killing each other!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top