U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,686,393 times

Advertisements

OP...reserach IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder). Seems to be more information about it these days.

Regarding meds and brain chemistry...I had a pitiutary tumor removed via brain surgery in 2005. In the 1800's, the tumor growth would have most likely killed me within 5 years. When I said to my neurosurgeon (Chief Neurosurgeon at Albany Med, since moved on - great doctor) how amazed I was at what is known today about the brain...he said it was true...that we are so far ahead of where we were 100, or even 50, years ago. But then added, that they still only know about 10% of it's capabilities.

That's why new neurological disorders seem to come out of nowhere, like IED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,070,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
I know you don't want to take any medication, but sometimes certain things are missing from the normal body components. As more and more is learned about this sort of lack, and it's resulting mental and physical problems, it doesn't really make good sense to refuse medication.

It might take only a very short period of medication to get you started in the right direction. Once you can see yourself becoming able to control your anger, medication might not be needed.

Give it a try!!
Go to a licensed therapist first. A therapist can help you decide if medications are needed, and make the appropriate referral, if you decide to go this route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health