Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of hallucinations have you experienced?
Feeling that you and the world didn't exist 2 20.00%
Deja Vu Feeling 4 40.00%
Out of body experience 2 20.00%
Oh oh your body desolves into the floor or wall 1 10.00%
Mind/Body split - you're in another galaxy 2 20.00%
Time slowing - 1 minute equals 50 lifetimes 2 20.00%
Time warp - journey to other worlds 1 10.00%
Your vision and the world turns into 1,000,000 megapixels 1 10.00%
Voices 0 0%
Another kind of hallucination 6 60.00%
I have never ever had any hallucinations before 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:00 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,497,612 times

Advertisements

Have you ever experienced hallucinations ever?

Hallucination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM

88,581 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I guess I'm the first one to answer!

I said Out of Body experience. I remember being a child--I know I was in first grade, to be exact, and I had long, curly hair that my mother absolutely hated to brush because she wanted to brush it fast and hard to get it over with and I would scream because it hurt. So, one day she took me to a man's barber shop and had them chop it off like a boy's haircut. I have no idea why she did it that way except that she was very tight with a dollar and it was probably the cheapest thing. Anyway, I was horrified. I had no idea that's what she was going to do and I looked like a boy. I was very upset, but by then I knew that I was not supposed to cry so I just didn't say anything. The next morning, I was walking to my friend's house as usual--I would stop and get her and we would walk to school together. I remember I had a white raincoat. All of a sudden I was up in the tree above myself, watching myself in the white raincoat with that short haircut. It wasn't scary at all, just sort of interesting. I observed myself walk around the corner and then head up to my friend's house and then I went back into myself. I didn't tell anybody, but it felt sort of like my special secret. I don't know why I connect it with the horrible haircut, but that is how I remember it.

Deja vu--too many times to count. Happens all the time.

Hallucination--I had knee surgery about six years ago, and the doctor gave me Vicodin. I took two at a time for about three days, until I woke up one night and there were all these happy people around my bed singing. I started to laugh and laugh and I said out loud, "I know you guys are a hallucination!" They stopped singing, looked at one another and then vanished. The next day I decided it was time to cut down on the painkillers.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:36 AM

49 posts, read 152,392 times
Just few days ago, I had the weirdest sleep paralysis experience.
before I went to bed, I took a pill or two of Tramadol, with a pill or two of Valium.
Tramadol always causes me nightmares that feels unbelievably real, so I stopped taking it. But at that time I forgot cuz I was in pain and very tired.

Anyways..
My bed is facing the bedroom's door,
while the balcony's glass door is on my left side.

I don't sleep till I shut both doors and turn the lights off.

At that night, I slept on my left side facing the balcony's door.

I woke up and there was some light coming from outside, as the curtains were not closed completely.

For some reason, I didn't feel myself laying on my side, but I felt as if I was laying completely flat on my back.
so I was staring at the light coming from outside, and it felt to me that somebody opened my bedroom's door, since I don't sleep till I close it. So I thought that there were people in my apartment (I live by myself).
I started seeing shadows and the lights were flickering.

It was raining that night, and the sound of the rain drops on my roof sounded like footsteps.

So I was completely convinced that someone is in my apartment.

I wanted to shout and say: "Who is it?", but no sound was coming out of my mouth. I was frightened and felt like they were going to kill me and I won't even be able to scream.

When I realized that I was dreaming I tried to wake myself up, but I couldn't.
I fell asleep again,
and started dreaming again,

I felt like someone was trying to strangle me with a scarf. I gasped for a breath ..and also couldn't speak.

I slept again...This time it was my cat, who usually sleeping in my bed, was trying to strangle me again!

I remember telling myself that I'm only dreaming and trying to wake myself up. I even attempted to spit on my fingers and wet my eyes to get up, but it didn't work lol

and fell asleep again and the sleep paralysis continued.
.. I don't remember what other dreams I saw but they were too many!

Finally, I managed to grab my phone and point the light into my eyes.. and that woke me up and I could get off the bed.

I was almost certain that those dreams would kill me in my sleep.

It happened to me few times before, but this was the most painful.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Your poll is impossible to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health