Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:46 PM

77 posts, read 185,644 times

Advertisements

Why does she think she can say what everybody is going to do, like I have my plans and she trhinks she can make new ones (about MY plans) without even asking me. I HATE IT. She talks about me as if I'm not right in front of her, she doesn't respect other decisions, she thinks she can tell you what to wear... It's so freaking annoying and stressful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Tell her she has to have faith in you- My youngest son recently bought a motorcycle...I had all sorts of misgivings and worries- Today the kid...a married man at 22 took a long road trip ...a few hundred miles and all I could do is know that I brought him up not bad- and that he has skill and brains- he called me once he got to his destination....If you have faith in yourself- you will have faith in your kids...Your mum sounds a bit insecure- be patient with her.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:01 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
You're a teenager right?

She's your mother. It's her job to annoy you. Try to imagine how your life would go without her...then try to treat her with the love and respect she deserves. She's only doing her best and being a parent is the hardest job there is.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
You're a teenager right?

She's your mother. It's her job to annoy you. Try to imagine how your life would go without her...then try to treat her with the love and respect she deserves. She's only doing her best and being a parent is the hardest job there is.

I'm not a teenager, I'm 24 lol. I came home from vacation and she has been doing all of this like 'I'm going to take a walk', I like it because i can think, well my oldest sister came home and my mom said: look, she can go to your home and you can go together to walk', not a big deal right but the problem is that she can't make plans about MY plans. When I go to have a walk alone is when i can't listen to her, I'm like dizzy. She has been teelling me for 2 days that she doesn't like my shorts, like what?! She think she owns me, I have my criterian and i think she doesn't agree with it, but she doesn't have to, she only has torespect me and she doesn't do it

Old 06-29-2012, 07:15 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Are you really 24?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Tell her she has to have faith in you- My youngest son recently bought a motorcycle...I had all sorts of misgivings and worries- Today the kid...a married man at 22 took a long road trip ...a few hundred miles and all I could do is know that I brought him up not bad- and that he has skill and brains- he called me once he got to his destination....If you have faith in yourself- you will have faith in your kids...Your mum sounds a bit insecure- be patient with her.
yes, you are totally right. She's a controler, she thinks she owns everybody so she has to know hat everybody does, no matter what. she interrupts you when you are talking and contradict what yo uare saying like: 'no, you don't like doing this or that', like it's MY freking point of view, she still thinks she knows more about me than myelf. sometimes I want to throw something at her, of course I dont do it but its so streessful, some years ago I hit myself because I couldn't control this anxiety, thanks God now I can, but it still is so stressful. Thanks for your words.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are you really 24?

yes, 24 year old people also has problems with their moms

Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
I'm not a teenager, I'm 24 lol. I came home from vacation and she has been doing all of this like 'I'm going to take a walk', I like it because i can think, well my oldest sister came home and my mom said: look, she can go to your home and you can go together to walk', not a big deal right but the problem is that she can't make plans about MY plans. When I go to have a walk alone is when i can't listen to her, I'm like dizzy. She has been teelling me for 2 days that she doesn't like my shorts, like what?! She think she owns me, I have my criterian and i think she doesn't agree with it, but she doesn't have to, she only has torespect me and she doesn't do it
Move out.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
yes, 24 year old people also has problems with their moms
Yes, but they normally deal with the problems more maturely.

Listen, I understand it's frustrating. Actually, what is funny is that my mother is kind of the same way. But now I just laugh it off. You're an adult. No one should have this much control over your feelings or frustrate you this much. Just let it go and ignore this.

And frankly, if she is paying for ANY part of your life at all (giving you a place to live, etc), then you really don't have much leg to stand on. You can't expect to be treated like an adult if you don't bear the responsibilities of an adult.

But I am sure that is not what you came on here to hear.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, but they normally deal with the problems more maturely.

Listen, I understand it's frustrating. Actually, what is funny is that my mother is kind of the same way. But now I just laugh it off. You're an adult. No one should have this much control over your feelings or frustrate you this much. Just let it go and ignore this.

And frankly, if she is paying for ANY part of your life at all (giving you a place to live, etc), then you really don't have much leg to stand on. You can't expect to be treated like an adult if you don't bear the responsibilities of an adult.

But I am sure that is not what you came on here to hear.

Not really but it's interesting. I live on my own since one and a half year ago, I came one month for vacation. And I know that if i get frustratend it doesn not mean that I'm not mature. She's a controller and that's her problem, does it affects me to hear the same things over and over again? Yes. I've talked to her but, with all respect my mom deserves, it seems I'm talking to a wall. I know this is the way she is and it's part of his persinality. My mom loves to know it all and to say everybody what they are syupposed to do. I'm not a child and I have understood that, she hasn't. Do I cry and yell in fron ot her? No. I talk to her or I try, does it have any positive result? No. It's my mother, she has been always this way and I don't expect her to change, does this frustrate me? YES. And I have the right to express it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health