Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:44 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
LOL. Just got notice that I am probably losing my job. My world is crashing around me. When my husband god home he couldn't understand why I had suddenly become depressed, filled with anxiety and can barely function.

Things like this, I just can't cope. I don't care anymore. Life is so hard the older you get. I know this is very small and trivial compared to what everyone else is going through, but my head lives in a glass house. One small crack and I break into pieces. I hate it, hate it, hate it.
Its still your feelings, and your life, and you have a right to feel, however you want.

I hear ya.

Alot of people are going through upheavals these days, a normal person would empathize.

One good thing is to keep off the news and reality trash, better way to make yourself feel better.jmo. When you are sick of people, the last thing you need to do is watch a bunch of ranting idiots on tv.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:43 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
I'm always amazed at how differently people with mental health problems (long term depression, ptsd, bp, ocd) are treated compared to people with other long term health problems. I can't imagine a pollyana type speech to my dad for instance, who was on dialysis for 13 years. People are more understanding of these types of things being very serious and while they might still vanish as friends, there isn't the condescending, I know all about what you feel and what its like to have what you have, so I can spout useless advice at will bit. You just don't routinely see that with serious long term purely physical conditions like ya do with mental health related problems.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:42 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm always amazed at how differently people with mental health problems (long term depression, ptsd, bp, ocd) are treated compared to people with other long term health problems. I can't imagine a pollyana type speech to my dad for instance, who was on dialysis for 13 years. People are more understanding of these types of things being very serious and while they might still vanish as friends, there isn't the condescending, I know all about what you feel and what its like to have what you have, so I can spout useless advice at will bit. You just don't routinely see that with serious long term purely physical conditions like ya do with mental health related problems.
Such a great point.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:20 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Anyone else just stopped caring?

Yeah, I have. I had this really long post typed out but I just deleted it. Let's just say that I feel everyone's pain and then some, I'll come back when I'm not feeling so suicidal.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Anyone else just stopped caring?

Yeah, I have. I had this really long post typed out but I just deleted it. Let's just say that I feel everyone's pain and then some, I'll come back when I'm not feeling so suicidal.
Damn, Ilene. Fifty-five thousand rep points and you're feeling suicidal?

You're either doing one helluva job managing your depression or you're the fastest typist in the universe.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:01 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Damn, Ilene. Fifty-five thousand rep points and you're feeling suicidal?

You're either doing one helluva job managing your depression or you're the fastest typist in the universe.
Seriously? You are judging someone's mental status from how many rep points they have? If rep points made people feel better, damn, easier for all right?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
I'm so sorry.

Losing a job is SO STRESSFUL. OMG. You can't sleep, you worry non-stop, you can't eat or eat too much, you're a bundle of nerves. I got laid off, and omg I couldn't sleep.

Now, looking back at that time, I realize why I was so stressed out. You just don't know HOW you are going to make it. You're not psychic and don't realize that chances are you will find a way. Chances are, you will find another job. Chances are you will be okay. Chances are you will look back and say, "PHEW! Boy, was I stressed out of my MIND!"

I don't want to go back to the horrible way I felt when I got laid off (for making too much money - they wanted to keep the ones that made less). However, chances are pretty good you will make it. Too bad we can't predict the future, or we wouldn't be so stressed out!

Quote:
LOL. Just got notice that I am probably losing my job. My world is crashing around me. When my husband got home he couldn't understand why I had suddenly become depressed, filled with anxiety and can barely function.

Things like this, I just can't cope. I don't care anymore. Life is so hard the older you get. I know this is very small and trivial compared to what everyone else is going through, but my head lives in a glass house. One small crack and I break into pieces. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
I know what you're saying, however, I think what he was trying to say was that she has a great way of expressing herself that people love, and that she has good qualities.

Quote:
Seriously? You are judging someone's mental status from how many rep points they have? If rep points made people feel better, damn, easier for all right?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

unsolicited pollyanna advice.

this.

or as I like to call it "pie in the sky B.S."

Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I kind of feel the same way. I just read a great book (for those of us who are introverts) called "Quiet - The Power of Introverts in a world that can't stop talking". The title alone had me. I can't be successful in my field of financial services because I'm not wired to sell and push product. In other words, I'm not a lying, cheating, annuity pushing (or some other terrible product) extrovert. Hence, permanent unemployment for me because nobody wants analysts who know what the f they're doing, only salespeople. So in my case, when the savings is gone, well, why continue to struggle and be homeless. No thanks. I'll just end it. Yep, I don'tt care anymore. I'll start the car in the garage with the door closed and go to sleep, permanently. No family anyway, so nobody will miss me.

never heard of that book, but I will look into it since I love to read....and be 'careful' with that, I read that they no longer make those car fumes strong enough for a lasting impact on the body, instead could just end up brain dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health