U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:42 AM

2,727 posts, read 5,505,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
You obviously don't have any idea what its like to feel this way. This isn't someone having a bad day or a case of the blues. Some people here have no bright side to focus on. Alone and walking the wire between life and death is not easy to do everyday. Where's the bright side? Oh right..just go get some meds, and it all goes away. Well for many meds don't help enough or at all. It takes a great deal of strength to keep doing this every single day. People get tired when they see no end in sight to the battle, thus the feelings of wanting to give up. I know it well for I'm tired too. What would you say to someone in terrible physical pain everyday? I doubt you'd tell them to hang in there and look on the bright side?
Very well said.

I, myself, have no bright side to look to. Many people don't understand that medication or even therapy doesn't always help. Of course, I did realize at one point that these people telling me to look on bright side or be positive are the people who have never been dealt a terrible hand in life like i was.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:35 AM

8,831 posts, read 10,248,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Hang in there, and look at the bright side: another 30.8 years and you'll be at the average lifespan of the average American female, bipolar or not.

Heck, you're gonna dance on my grave, Ilene!
Yeah I heard they did a study and found that depressed people live longer, if they don't kill themselves first. Chances are that I screw it up again and live to be 100.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 AM

8,831 posts, read 10,248,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Illene, you are not alone. I've been suicidal myself and just a couple of months ago, I have decided to talk myself out of taking an 8 hour walk in the sun during the summer months.

I'm sorry for what you have been going through. All I can say is that you have people in this forum that support you. I guess the best you can do is find people that have gone through similar struggles and can relate to you.
Aw, thank you very much TJenkins, that's very kind of you to say. And OH, I will so be hanging out here more from now on, in spite of one of the jerky, stupid posts I just saw on the next page. God, nothing I hate worse than uninformed, self-righteous idiots.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 AM

7,300 posts, read 5,777,864 times
Sorry to hear that. Seems like lots of difficult things all came together at the same time and are squeezing hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Well said.

There is no "bright side" for me. I'm dealing with too many wrongs and I've truly lost hope, whether it's my ugly physical appearance, STBX wife sucking me dry financially, major debt, being technically homeless, feeling alone and out of place, stuck in a job and a place that I don't like and trying to deal with demons, past & present. What bright side is there? Please let me know.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,726,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn
Well said.

There is no "bright side" for me. I'm dealing with too many wrongs and I've truly lost hope, whether it's my ugly physical appearance, STBX wife sucking me dry financially, major debt, being technically homeless, feeling alone and out of place, stuck in a job and a place that I don't like and trying to deal with demons, past & present. What bright side is there? Please let me know.
Dragonborn, you have a job. There are so many people out there right now that are desperate and broke, I mean really broke, that have no hope. At least you have a job going for you. I know it's not much of a consolation for you, but it is a bright side.

On the other hand, I've also been dealing with depression and physical illness issues for YEARS and often feel like you...no "bright side"...but somehow, some way things get a little better from time to time...just enough to kick me in the butt once again, LOL. sometimes I truly wish they had just let me go when I died in the hospital. then other times I'm glad I'm alive. I hope things get better for you, I truly do. You are a good person and don't deserve the hand you've been dealt. Good luck with things. I'm still rooting for you.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,974,157 times
20 pages, this kinda stuff gets us no where. People that are suffering on cd don't need back handed insults or be told to look on the bright side thats simply a fact. People here are trying the best they can to cope with their problems. Compassion and kindness should be the norm on this forum. Don't we all have enough already? Think twice before you write, there are people on the edge here, why push someone closer to it with unkind comments. I would suggest ignoring those that irritate and report comments not fitting for this forum. There are unresolved problems on this forum from past threads, its made some people stop posting here. Sadly this area is poorly moderated. The best we can do is use the ignore button... if no one bites at the bait, they go away. The more threads that end like this one, the more people will stop reading and posting.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 PM

24,576 posts, read 34,285,379 times
So what's everyone doing this weekend? Since I have no friends, I'm doing nothing but TV watching, housework, and shopping. I shop out of pure boredom most of the time. I actually kind of dread weekends because I never have anything to do.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:41 PM

8,712 posts, read 10,308,691 times
personally i'm going to work on trying to buy a handgun. even if i never use one before so what. i'm sick of dealing with people and their ways and will be glad to get off this hell hole.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:22 AM

326 posts, read 853,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So what's everyone doing this weekend? Since I have no friends, I'm doing nothing but TV watching, housework, and shopping. I shop out of pure boredom most of the time. I actually kind of dread weekends because I never have anything to do.
Substitute hanging out on CD and reading for shopping because I hate it and that's my weekend too.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM

14,495 posts, read 24,248,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
personally i'm going to work on trying to buy a handgun. even if i never use one before so what. i'm sick of dealing with people and their ways and will be glad to get off this hell hole.

responses on this thread are interesting.

BigDGeek and dragonborn, what are u guys doing?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health