U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:30 PM

8,712 posts, read 10,313,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
responses on this thread are interesting.

BigDGeek and dragonborn, what are u guys doing?.

well some days that's how I feel more time then not, whether people like it or not!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 AM

8,831 posts, read 10,252,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So what's everyone doing this weekend? Since I have no friends, I'm doing nothing but TV watching, housework, and shopping. I shop out of pure boredom most of the time. I actually kind of dread weekends because I never have anything to do.
Mmmm, yes that sounds very familiar. I have ONE male friend but he is so irritating, embarrassing and frustrating that I just rather be alone. I spent all day yesterday on the couch watching movies and feeling really bad. On top of this depression, I'm having some terrible physical problems and am scheduled for a abdominal CT scan tomorrow. It's not female, I had a complete hysterectomy 11 years ago so it's got to be my colon/small intestines. I feel sort of like I need to get my affairs in order, don't have a good feeling about this. But how can I when I can hardly drag myself out of the bed these days? One step at a time I guess, going to shave and shower in case they put me in the hospital tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some good pain meds.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM

2,727 posts, read 5,508,162 times
Just another reason for me not to care anymore.

So I decided to buy a home in a place where I;ve wanted to live for 20 years. I was never able to go, but now I am in a position where I can do it. I've wanted to live there for 20 years, as I said. My dad decided 4-5 years ago to move there and has a place now as of a year ago.

I just told him of my plans and asked about using his real estate agent. He refuses to share who he used and told me to find one on my own and hope for the best. I couldn't believe it. It's not like I'm asking for help with a downpayment too.

I'm sick thinking these are people who I call my family (well, they are but sure doesn't feel like it), we are close too, and he knows it's my drema to live there. I just don't understand why my fmaily doesn't want me to be happy and succeed in life. It has brought tears to my eyes, and really just makes me wanna tell them off and go somewhere far away from them.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM

18,847 posts, read 32,790,916 times
Everything in your life can change...you just need to have the will to make it all change. I know this...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:59 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,683,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Just another reason for me not to care anymore.

So I decided to buy a home in a place where I;ve wanted to live for 20 years. I was never able to go, but now I am in a position where I can do it. I've wanted to live there for 20 years, as I said. My dad decided 4-5 years ago to move there and has a place now as of a year ago.

I just told him of my plans and asked about using his real estate agent. He refuses to share who he used and told me to find one on my own and hope for the best. I couldn't believe it. It's not like I'm asking for help with a downpayment too.

I'm sick thinking these are people who I call my family (well, they are but sure doesn't feel like it), we are close too, and he knows it's my drema to live there. I just don't understand why my fmaily doesn't want me to be happy and succeed in life. It has brought tears to my eyes, and really just makes me wanna tell them off and go somewhere far away from them.
Why is your dad being so mean to you? I'm really sorry. We never got to choose our parents unfortunately.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:00 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,946,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So what's everyone doing this weekend? Since I have no friends, I'm doing nothing but TV watching, housework, and shopping. I shop out of pure boredom most of the time. I actually kind of dread weekends because I never have anything to do.

Likely heading out of town fishing , I haven't made my mind up yet. I'm thinking of leaving Friday evening , and staying until sometime Saturday afternoon. Aside from that , and visiting my mother , nothing.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 AM

24,839 posts, read 33,345,342 times
I really do not care about much.

I think I have a fear of caring......that could hurt.

I also have been thinking...isn't it a shame that people can not just go to a doctor....get a shot....and end it all???

No drama...no mess for others to clean.

Just professionally done, neat and clean.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 PM

15,443 posts, read 22,703,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I really do not care about much.

I think I have a fear of caring......that could hurt.

I also have been thinking...isn't it a shame that people can not just go to a doctor....get a shot....and end it all???

No drama...no mess for others to clean.

Just professionally done, neat and clean.
Because things change so often. I couldn't agree to anything of the sort, solely because I think most of us have ups and downs.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM

8,712 posts, read 10,313,207 times
I'm tired of hearing about 'sh*t that happened to somebody else,' like oh they did it -- who gives a F? Good for them, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health