Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM

77 posts, read 185,662 times

Advertisements

In certain situtations I have some episodes of nervousness, fear and the feeling that people wants to attack me or take advantage of me. I feel powerless, I see them like monsters and I feel I can't defend myself. And all of this for stupid things like:
[list][*]I made food and I'm afraid that my roomate is going to eat it without my permission.
My reaction: SO much fear that I won't be able to explain him that it's MY food.[list][*]I want to go to x place and people won't agree
My reaction: Fear and nervous because they don't agree, like they HAVE to agree.

And I can follow with much more, normally I do what I want to do and I know all of these thoughts are in my head but, I don't know how to not to think all of this. In simple situations I have all of these symptoms...

Is it feat or I just have troubles setting limits to others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
In certain situtations I have some episodes of nervousness, fear and the feeling that people wants to attack me or take advantage of me. I feel powerless, I see them like monsters and I feel I can't defend myself. And all of this for stupid things like:
[list][*]I made food and I'm afraid that my roomate is going to eat it without my permission.
My reaction: SO much fear that I won't be able to explain him that it's MY food.[list][*]I want to go to x place and people won't agree
My reaction: Fear and nervous because they don't agree, like they HAVE to agree.

And I can follow with much more, normally I do what I want to do and I know all of these thoughts are in my head but, I don't know how to not to think all of this. In simple situations I have all of these symptoms...

You need professional help, to sort out real problems and how you can be treated.. Most likely drugs will be prescribed . Get Help, no one can get better alone.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You need professional help, to sort out real problems and how you can be treated.. Most likely drugs will be prescribed . Get Help, no one can get better alone.
I tried to rep you some more, but the system won't let me.

anyway, I agree, you need help Creepy. Certainly not the kind of help a message board can give you. Please get help.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
In certain situtations I have some episodes of nervousness, fear and the feeling that people wants to attack me or take advantage of me. I feel powerless, I see them like monsters and I feel I can't defend myself. And all of this for stupid things like:[list][*]I made food and I'm afraid that my roomate is going to eat it without my permission.

Hopefully it's just anxiety, but it almost sounds like paranoia.

How long have you been experiencing this? Did it start all the sudden? If so, think about when and if anything happened that may be the underlying cause. If you can find something that happened or has changed in your life that may be the culprit, try to address that and see if it gets better. I'm no professional, but I think one thing that can cause anxiety and paranoia is having a secret, especially if it's a big one, such as something a person has done or does and doesn't want anybody to ever know about. In that case, sharing the secret or otherwise dealing with it can help tremendously.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
I tried to rep you some more, but the system won't let me.

anyway, I agree, you need help Creepy. Certainly not the kind of help a message board can give you. Please get help.
Thanks, anything we can all convey, encourage, suggest that will lead our troubled mind folks to take that first step and seek professional help ASAP is good advice. At some point in life we all have a bout of anxiety/depression. Its not a fun trip, so soon many of us forget this nasty moment in their lives, some, never recover and only sink further into a depressed state that the hole becomes way to deep to crawl out of.If only they would have gone to the medical professional in the early stages of the problem...many would be back to a somewhat normal life...and in the extreme cases a continuing one. Again , GET HELP, please!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:01 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Agreed it sound like more than anxiety. Get some professional help, good luck.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Hopefully it's just anxiety, but it almost sounds like paranoia.

How long have you been experiencing this? Did it start all the sudden? If so, think about when and if anything happened that may be the underlying cause. If you can find something that happened or has changed in your life that may be the culprit, try to address that and see if it gets better. I'm no professional, but I think one thing that can cause anxiety and paranoia is having a secret, especially if it's a big one, such as something a person has done or does and doesn't want anybody to ever know about. In that case, sharing the secret or otherwise dealing with it can help tremendously.

Paranoia, really? That would be so much. I'm starting therapy next week, I will talk to him about this because it's also with the worst illnesses. I will aanalyze everything, thank you for your advice.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,979,061 times
Quote:
Paranoia, really? That would be so much. I'm starting therapy next week, I will talk to him about this because it's also with the worst illnesses. I will aanalyze everything, thank you for your advice.
Yeah, don't you recognize thinking somebody is going to do something to you, your food, or whatever, for no obvious reason, as bordering on paranoia? It's good to hear you're going to talk to somebody.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 AM

Again , our advice must contain the wording in big white type; " Seek help from a Professional above all else, what is said on this thread should not be construed as any diagnosis, only a discussion or an experience of ones own experience, all things and people are different"
The truth of that rings home very hard when we hear of a person taking to heart what is or is not said about them on public forum and leads to unrecoverable responses . We see it every day with the bullying syndrome spread around by people who have no idea how important their statement can be to someone and what it can lead too. Social websites are a double edged sword, we must be careful what we say.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Yeah, don't you recognize thinking somebody is going to do something to you, your food, or whatever, for no obvious reason, as bordering on paranoia? It's good to hear you're going to talk to somebody.
yep, I will see what he says, he knows my story and he will know what it is exactly. Thanks for the help :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health