U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,914,372 times

Advertisements

I've been thingking: Blue Blockers were sunglasses once sold by ads on TV. I was surprised at the way wearing them outside changed my attitude -- actually increased my joy, made me feel more "up"! There are glasses now that are similar, if you do the research, I am sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 AM

9,957 posts, read 16,564,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
I've been thingking: Blue Blockers were sunglasses once sold by ads on TV. I was surprised at the way wearing them outside changed my attitude -- actually increased my joy, made me feel more "up"! There are glasses now that are similar, if you do the research, I am sure.

Oh, ok, go ahead, make fun of my thread. It was just a coincidence, I noticed a difference. If you bother to look it up, cherries do have anti-depressive properties. I discovered that after noticing a difference in my moods, it wasn't something I looked up then decided cherries were the berries!

So, what's it hurt? Eat some, see what it does, or not, like I care!

Last time I post a "helpful hint" just thought it might be of some small beneift to someone else. BTW, Queen, do you suffer from clinical depression, or just some ocassional blahs? There is a difference! If you "do the research"

Old 08-08-2012, 04:50 PM

You totally misunderstood my answers and my reputation remarks I sent.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
You totally misunderstood my answers and my reputation remarks I sent.

Oh, ok, sorry!

Guess I didn't have my cherries that day! Thanks for the reps!

Quite honestly, the cherries do seem to be doing something. I just felt sooooo good for a few days, then not. I tried to think what was different those days? The only difference I could see was the cherries! I was eating them in such quantity. Food does have healing powers.

So, Velcro, lets have some cherries and be friends again, ok

Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 AM

I never stopped being your friend. No apology necessary.

Personally, I thought what you wrote was great!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 PM

Well, the cherries really seem to be doing the trick!

If I don't eat cherries, I feel down, blue, etc. If I eat cherries, I feel"normal" I realize, of course, that's NOT scientific proof, but there seems to be enough evidence that at least it helps me. Even my cousin noticed it, while talking to me on the phone. She said tonight I sounded up, and I sounded down a few nights ago.

Well, whatever works!

Happy cherries to all!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 PM

(Gotta go get some.) We have had an abundant crop of yellow plums this year, so we haven't bought any fruit in awhile. Now, our blackberries are coming in. It doesn't look like we will have apples at all this year, but that is all right with me -- they aren't very good, except to make sauce and have to add flavors...:\

Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 PM

10,127 posts, read 20,760,954 times
Fortunately, when fresh cherry season is over you can buy dried cherries. Sour cherry juice is a challenge to drink, but very good for you.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM

Today, no cherries, felt blue.

I know the cherry season is ending, maybe I should buy some anf freeze? I'm not very good at those helpful housewife things, think I might start with one bag, double freeze, then see how they taste in 2,4,6,8, weeks.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM

Well, just an update---

On Sept 4 I was diagnosed with type II diabetes! Of course, eating all that fruit didn't help matters, but didn't cause it, either. Turns out I was eating so much fruit because it helped ease the dry mouth and constant thirst I was experiencing, which is a classic sign. Other symptoms I was experiencing included--

unexplained weight loss. I lost 20 pounds, without dieting. I was somewhat overweight to begin with, so the weight loss didn't hurt any, but when one loses that much without trying, it could indicate a problem.

constant thirst, dry mouth, and frequent urination

constant, knawing hunger and carb craving

My blood glucose was spiking at 600+! Well, I discovered it myself with a home test monitor.

Since then, I have been on meds, diet, and exercise. My blood glucose is now under control---fasting about 80, post prandial about 130--150. A far cry from what it was 2 months ago!

Still, I did notice the cherries helped with mood swings, depression, etc. Perhaps I might try some unsweetened cherry juice, a little honey. I'm just fortunate to have discovered this before anything serious happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health