U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,986 posts, read 5,908,127 times

Advertisements

I am finding that I'm losing the sense of times . A whole year has passed and I feel like it happened a month ago . I can never remember when I did things . I would think I did Somethng yesterday but I did it months ago. The last 2 years have disappeared from me and I don't know how . I look at things I may have wrote a year ago and I get upset because I realized I lost another year. Everything just blurs together now . Does anyone else have this problem ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:56 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,919,703 times
Yes, but I don't consider it a problem. It's nice to be able to fit eight or nine hours of proper time at work into an hour or so of personal time.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Yes, but I don't consider it a problem. It's nice to be able to fit eight or nine hours of proper time at work into an hour or so of personal time.
oh.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:29 PM

13,051 posts, read 16,094,816 times
The older you get, the faster the time goes by.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,235,592 times
Time is actually speeding up. There is data supporting that.

It has to do with "the ascension."

Old 08-18-2012, 08:41 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,235,592 times
It's funny that the OP thinks this is a "mental health" issue.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM

61,014 posts, read 58,265,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I am finding that I'm losing the sense of times . A whole year has passed and I feel like it happened a month ago . I can never remember when I did things . I would think I did Somethng yesterday but I did it months ago. The last 2 years have disappeared from me and I don't know how . I look at things I may have wrote a year ago and I get upset because I realized I lost another year. Everything just blurs together now . Does anyone else have this problem ?
Yes. I often will think of something--say a news item or a crime that I think happened three or four years ago, and then I look it up and it happened fifteen years ago.

In my case, I think so much of it is that my life is so routine and I am trapped in it and can do nothing about it. The overwhelming ruler of my life is my job, which I wish I didn't have to go to every day, and working, traveling to work, getting ready for work, etc., takes up all of my time five days a week. Then I get a break for the two-day weekend, and it just starts all over again. It's a terrible way to live but I have no choice.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It's funny that the OP thinks this is a "mental health" issue.
yes so funny i'm laughing myself into a coma *sarcasm*

Old 08-19-2012, 02:44 PM

16,082 posts, read 24,678,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
It happens to all of us, not what I consider mental health related. Something that occured a couple months back could actually have been 4 or even 5 months prior.

if you want time to slow down, sit at home all day and clock watch.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM

61,014 posts, read 58,265,890 times
I think it could be a mental health issue. If you are depressed and your life has become so routine, so humdrum, that you are merely going through the motions, a symptom could very well be that time feels as though it is passing too quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or