U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:30 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,964,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Look, if you want to wallow in self-pity and continue on with the "woe is me" attitude then so be it. I was just trying to help but you don't want help. I got my own problems to deal with. You and Doll Eyes should get together.
I understand your point, and realize you have more than your share of problems. I'm glad to hear you are trying to do some volunteering with animals, I think that's a good idea. I also know as you do, what its like to feel tired and out of ideas to make things better. I understand how those that feel buried alive might say, I've tried everything I know to do, I'm tired of life as it is but don't know what else to do. Sure people have to try but its difficult to know what to do next. There are a lot of complex issues to each individuals problems, some that are not revealed here. I think we just need to put our ideas out there and if its something they feel might help and are capable of trying now, OK, if not, that's OK too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM

24,577 posts, read 34,233,458 times
You know you suck when even depressed people won't empathize with you.

Hint taken. Help not available for people like me...we truly are the scum of society.

Oh, and all those taxes I pay to support families and children, something I'll never have? You're welcome.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM

8,831 posts, read 10,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I understand your point, and realize you have more than your share of problems. I'm glad to hear you are trying to do some volunteering with animals, I think that's a good idea. I also know as you do, what its like to feel tired and out of ideas to make things better. I understand how those that feel buried alive might say, I've tried everything I know to do, I'm tired of life as it is but don't know what else to do. Sure people have to try but its difficult to know what to do next. There are a lot of complex issues to each individuals problems, some that are not revealed here. I think we just need to put our ideas out there and if its something they feel might help and are capable of trying now, OK, if not, that's OK too.
Unbelievable how my trying to help someone has been turned and twisted into me not caring or being empathetic?? I need help myself and at least I'm willing to try some things whether they work or not and I don't blame my problems or depression on the entire world. Good grief I don't need this right now so I will be ignoring any more sad sack posts, the miserable simply looking for company and no solutions. I'm actually looking for advice and suggestions, I'm not here to whine.

In addition to this horrid depression and loneliness, I am dealing with a massive bug infestation that has completely confined me to the house moving everything into the living room from the kitchen, washing, cleaning, spraying, stomping and no sleep because my skin is crawling. I swear, if I could figure out a way to burn this place down without it looking like arson I would do it. The passenger side window in my car broke so I spent the morning getting that fixed which cost $268.00 of my hard earned extra money from selling some stuff on e-bay. The spray I am using is just pissing off the bugs, made them scatter so now they are all over the house. So I had to go buy some more stuff but have to clean, wipe out cabinets, move appliances, furniture etc. all over again and in every room now. My dog and cat are completely freaked out and yes, I suppose I'm whining now too but good god man, I just don't know how much more I can take!!

I can't do any of the things I wanted to do like volunteering right now because of this bug thing. I don't feel like doing any of this, I just want to burn it down and crawl in a hole and die. But I'm forcing myself and my break time is over so here we go again. Thanks for the post Todd, and you're right, I can only focus on my own problems right now and whatever someone else does or doesn't do is not my concern nor should it be at this point in time. Or ever.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear of the new situational problems you are dealing with, Ilene. What kind of bugs are they, any idea? Maybe the SC Forestry Commission could be of some help, they do have some information on insects on their website. They might be able to help. I also found a site to help identify insects.

South Carolina Forestry Commission Insects and Disease
ID Keys & Tools/NCState-AgNIC

By the way, it wasn't my intent to stir you up. Sometimes we are at different places with depression, as far as what we can and can't do. Thats all I was getting at. I've tried a lot of things that have not worked, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate people caring enough to post suggestions. But everything I've tried has not worked for me, in regards to meds, and other alternative therapy avenues. That's just how it is. We all have problems here, I can hardly get to the store due to anxiety and agoraphobia. Like many others, I have severe depression and other problems. Sometimes we have to just deal with trying to look after ourself, but I do think it is can be beneficial to try to help others when able to do so. I also don't see anything wrong with venting here, mental health illnesses are frustrating as hell and we should be able to share and vent a little. And sometimes I am mad at the whole world. Anyway, I only wish you all the best.

Did you not read my post BigD? I was empathizing with you and others that feel hopeless right now.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm sorry to hear of the new situational problems you are dealing with, Ilene. What kind of bugs are they, any idea? Maybe the SC Forestry Commission could be of some help, they do have some information on insects on their website. They might be able to help. I also found a site to help identify insects.

South Carolina Forestry Commission Insects and Disease
ID Keys & Tools/NCState-AgNIC

By the way, it wasn't my intent to stir you up. Sometimes we are at different places with depression, as far as what we can and can't do. Thats all I was getting at. I've tried a lot of things that have not worked, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate people caring enough to post suggestions. But everything I've tried has not worked for me, in regards to meds, and other alternative therapy avenues. That's just how it is. We all have problems here, I can hardly get to the store due to anxiety and agoraphobia. Like many others, I have severe depression and other problems. Sometimes we have to just deal with trying to look after ourself, but I do think it is can be beneficial to try to help others when able to do so. I also don't see anything wrong with venting here, mental health illnesses are frustrating as hell and we should be able to share and vent a little. And sometimes I am mad at the whole world. Anyway, I only wish you all the best.

Did you not read my post BigD? I was empathizing with you and others that feel hopeless right now.
Ha I said "bugs" because I can't bring myself to say or write the word....roaches. It's especially frustrating for me because I am a very clean person if nothing else and I don't know where the hell they came from but they have taken over. Sorry, I was just venting and I'm taking a break from washing walls...the damn things had a huge nest behind a picture on the wall and now there's bug mess all over it. I've never seen or experienced anything like this in my life but they will be gone if it kills me. And it just might.

I'm sorry about your problems and I know you suffer too, didn't know you had agoraphobia.....I've dealt with that in the past too and it's crippling. I spent over 30 days several years ago completely cut off from society, didn't see or speak to anyone during that time, BUT...I did manage to wean myself off a severe addiction to xanax so there was something positive about it. Anyway, all I wish for too is the best for everyone and we really need this forum and to not give each other a hard time, we've got enough of that going on already.

And no worries, you didn't stir me up, I was already there.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,453,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You know you suck when even depressed people won't empathize with you.

Hint taken. Help not available for people like me...we truly are the scum of society.

Oh, and all those taxes I pay to support families and children, something I'll never have? You're welcome.
Everyone has chit in their lives, absolutely everyone.

It all depends on how you choose to look at it.

I have been dumped on by just about everyone I've ever known. Do I care? Sometimes. Do I let it ruin my life? Hell NO!

The older I get the more I realise how rare and precious a true friend is. Humanity is very flawed and sometimes the less you have to do with people, the better off you are.

You and I have the same life, but you are reacting to it like an overgrown schoolgirl. Toughen up and enjoy life despite of the disappointments...it's still glorious.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 PM

60,977 posts, read 58,222,584 times
Quote:
Ha I said "bugs" because I can't bring myself to say or write the word....roaches. It's especially frustrating for me because I am a very clean person if nothing else and I don't know where the hell they came from but they have taken over. Sorry, I was just venting and I'm taking a break from washing walls...the damn things had a huge nest behind a picture on the wall and now there's bug mess all over it. I've never seen or experienced anything like this in my life but they will be gone if it kills me. And it just might.

I'm sorry about your problems and I know you suffer too, didn't know you had agoraphobia.....I've dealt with that in the past too and it's crippling. I spent over 30 days several years ago completely cut off from society, didn't see or speak to anyone during that time, BUT...I did manage to wean myself off a severe addiction to xanax so there was something positive about it. Anyway, all I wish for too is the best for everyone and we really need this forum and to not give each other a hard time, we've got enough of that going on already.

And no worries, you didn't stir me up, I was already there.
Roaches have nothing to do with whether you are clean or not. Once they get into a building, it's very hard to get rid of them. Of course if you AREN'T clean and there's a lot of food lying around for them to eat, they increase, so that's probably why people say that. They can come home from the grocery store in a paper bag or something and then they just start to multiply. I remember putting down Borax in an apartment that had roaches years ago. Around the baseboards and in the kitchen. Supposedly it burns them and they carry it back to their nests and it kills the other ones, too.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Roaches have nothing to do with whether you are clean or not. Once they get into a building, it's very hard to get rid of them. Of course if you AREN'T clean and there's a lot of food lying around for them to eat, they increase, so that's probably why people say that. They can come home from the grocery store in a paper bag or something and then they just start to multiply. I remember putting down Borax in an apartment that had roaches years ago. Around the baseboards and in the kitchen. Supposedly it burns them and they carry it back to their nests and it kills the other ones, too.
It's staggering how fast these suckers multiply. First I used a spray that came from the do-it-yourself pest control store but I found out that it only works if you spray it directly on them, I've used a boric acid paste that was a suggestion I found on-line but it's only slowed them down a little, that's it. And I've got glue traps placed everywhere. None of it is working so I bought diatomaceous earth, which is non-toxic and says it will work within 48 hours. I've also done several other things like put the dog and cat bowls inside pans of soapy water, bought air-tight pet food containers, etc. and this diatomaceous earth stuff is my last ditch effort before calling in the pros. Not a good situation to be in for a severely depressed broke person.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 AM

[quote=Ilene Wright;26083126]It's staggering how fast these suckers multiply. First I used a spray that came from the do-it-yourself pest control store but I found out that it only works if you spray it directly on them, I've used a boric acid paste that was a suggestion I found on-line but it's only slowed them down a little, that's it. And I've got glue traps placed everywhere. None of it is working so I bought diatomaceous earth, which is non-toxic and says it will work within 48 hours. I've also done several other things like put the dog and cat bowls inside pans of soapy water, bought air-tight pet food containers, etc. and this diatomaceous earth stuff is my last ditch effort before calling in the pros. Not a good situation to be in for a severely depressed broke person.[/QUOT]

I've read other people have used it, for fleas I think. So hopefully it will work for ya. Just read on Earthclinic, this post reference the Diatomaceous and roaches. "I literally dusted a thin line of DE across the carpet there, and after that, the only time I saw bugs inside, they were dead". So have hope.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/...us-earth2.html

Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 AM

60,977 posts, read 58,222,584 times
Quote:
It's staggering how fast these suckers multiply. First I used a spray that came from the do-it-yourself pest control store but I found out that it only works if you spray it directly on them, I've used a boric acid paste that was a suggestion I found on-line but it's only slowed them down a little, that's it. And I've got glue traps placed everywhere. None of it is working so I bought diatomaceous earth, which is non-toxic and says it will work within 48 hours. I've also done several other things like put the dog and cat bowls inside pans of soapy water, bought air-tight pet food containers, etc. and this diatomaceous earth stuff is my last ditch effort before calling in the pros. Not a good situation to be in for a severely depressed broke person.
[quote=todd00;26088272]
Quote:
It's staggering how fast these suckers multiply. First I used a spray that came from the do-it-yourself pest control store but I found out that it only works if you spray it directly on them, I've used a boric acid paste that was a suggestion I found on-line but it's only slowed them down a little, that's it. And I've got glue traps placed everywhere. None of it is working so I bought diatomaceous earth, which is non-toxic and says it will work within 48 hours. I've also done several other things like put the dog and cat bowls inside pans of soapy water, bought air-tight pet food containers, etc. and this diatomaceous earth stuff is my last ditch effort before calling in the pros. Not a good situation to be in for a severely depressed broke person.[/QUOT]

I've read other people have used it, for fleas I think. So hopefully it will work for ya. Just read on Earthclinic, this post reference the Diatomaceous and roaches. "I literally dusted a thin line of DE across the carpet there, and after that, the only time I saw bugs inside, they were dead". So have hope.

Diatomaceous Earth Natural Remedies
I have heard of it for fleas, also. I had fleas in my place last year--I didn't realize my cats, which I let out in my fenced in patio area behind my condo, could get fleas without being in contact with other cats/animals. The fleas just live in the weeds. It took a month to get rid of them, and I couldn't afford to call someone in, either. I vacuumed relentlessly, put Advantage on the cats (and that is NOT cheap) and put borax down everywhere... and finally the fleas were gone.

When I had roaches it was a constant battle, but I haven't had them where I live now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health