U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 PM

105 posts, read 572,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
i also have a script for generic ativan, .5 mg. i take it maybe 1x per week for anxiety. i greatly helps with sleep when i am anxious. as far as the next morning, sometimes i wake up feeling fine. other times i am serously groggy. someone had recommended trying valerian root instead of using a benzo. i may try that once i run out of ativan.
I tried Ativan generic (lozapran) but it made me groggy and depressed the next day. When I get a good batch of Ativan, it's clean, I have a great night sleep and feel great the next day. The only thing is that every time I refill, I get a different batch and it works differently. Don't understand since the manufacturer claims they have no quality issues. I've taken it for years and never had a problem until the last year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM

32,439 posts, read 13,423,890 times
I took Trazadone for sleep/depression in the 90's and definitely did not work for me, totally plugged up my sinuses. I take Xanax for anxiety, not ativan and all prescriptions seem the same to me. Maybe try something else, as Greenchile says, we pick our poison, what works for one does not work for another.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:26 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,769,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful2 View Post
I tried Ativan generic (lozapran) but it made me groggy and depressed the next day. When I get a good batch of Ativan, it's clean, I have a great night sleep and feel great the next day. The only thing is that every time I refill, I get a different batch and it works differently. Don't understand since the manufacturer claims they have no quality issues. I've taken it for years and never had a problem until the last year
ive always had the generic, been taking it for 3 yrs. but i was taking Lexapro for 3 yrs and just last month was switched to the generic for that. i really didnt want to switch but the law in PA says that the pharmacy has the right to give a generic unless the dr specifically says not too. i cant tell yet if theres a difference.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,096,975 times
I've been taking it since last December and it's been great for me, I do see how it's habit forming but so far I've been able to stave off addiction.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM

9,935 posts, read 16,542,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I have read where pharmacies have been guilty of purchasing meds off the black market. I've also heard several pharmacies end up with counterfeit drugs on their shelves through no fault of their own.

I switched pharmacies, and felt instantly better with cymbalta. I started with samples, then pharmacy A, and felt fine. Filled at Pharmacy B, didn't feel so good, back to Pharmacy A, feel so much better. Of course, its all in my head, right? a "placebo" effect, right

Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 PM

105 posts, read 572,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I switched pharmacies, and felt instantly better with cymbalta. I started with samples, then pharmacy A, and felt fine. Filled at Pharmacy B, didn't feel so good, back to Pharmacy A, feel so much better. Of course, its all in my head, right? a "placebo" effect, right
Interesting. I sometimes think the pharmacists say "this girls crazy!" They have been very patient with me and have even marked the bottles with #'s and given me 10 from bottle 1 and 10 from bottle 2. I know I'm not crazy. They think I'm very nice so they help me. The problem is, even the manufacturer's bottles are different because they've sent replacement bottles twice. Once the bottle was great and the last one they sent was awful.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,210,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful2 View Post
Interesting. I sometimes think the pharmacists say "this girls crazy!" They have been very patient with me and have even marked the bottles with #'s and given me 10 from bottle 1 and 10 from bottle 2. I know I'm not crazy. They think I'm very nice so they help me. The problem is, even the manufacturer's bottles are different because they've sent replacement bottles twice. Once the bottle was great and the last one they sent was awful.
If your getting generics, they may use a different base in each formula. It took quite a while for the manufacturers to admit that the generic lamictal didn't work as well for some sensitive to the base. If you can, keep track of the appearance of the pill or any markings. If you find one that works, speak to them about it.

Generics may work great to not at all depending on body chemestry or a different coating or a variety of things. The active ingredient is all that has to be the same.

I have been buying the generic for aleve over aleve, since they turned to liquid jells. I didn't get much out of them but the generic pills work great so consider the pills themselves, if they might be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or