U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 PM

77 posts, read 162,527 times

Advertisements

I'm taking therapy through Skype... It was the same with my other psych and it was fine, so I know many people wouldn't like therapy by Skype but it has worked for me, so...

The day of the session is on Fryday at 6:30pm... But I send it e mails too when I need some advice about something specific and he responds like one or two days later, but this time he didn't. I emailed him one Sunday, it was Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and njothing. So it was Friday, the official day of the session and he didn't show up either. I was so upset. On Saturday I checked my email and I he had sent one to me. He sent it at 4:00am to schedule one appointment at 10:00am...

It was crazy I don't check my email at that time and I was upset because I sent the email one week before and he cuodln't take time to respond, he responded but he just said: oh sorry I'm to busy. I responded like three hours later and I said I was on line. He showed up but I was so upset, I told him (nicely) that I was a little disconcerted, I said that I felt pretty bad that week and that now I just wasn't in the mood to talk because it seemed it was difficult for him to attend my apointments. (It's not the first time he takes so long to answer). I said I was not going to be able to talk, I was not in the mood, I got upset I just wanted to punch him and cry. He said: OK. That's all. I turned it off. I haven't talked to him and he hasn't talked to me this whole week.

I don't know what to do because I'm still upset. Should I call him? I don't feel like I want to talk him, like what was I going to say? He's not my dad or my friend but I think I need an explanation but he just didn't say anything. And I'm sure he's thinking I'm making drama or something, but it's just I really don't feel I want to talk to him. I felt like my sesion was not important, before he showed up and when he did he confirmed it.

I really need therapy and I can afford the cost of this one. The others would cost twice or three times more.

Any adivce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 AM

20,967 posts, read 21,047,475 times
Keep your next scheduled session and get some insight on your reaction to all this.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Keep your next scheduled session and get some insight on your reaction to all this.

So you think all of this is overreacting?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM

5,226 posts, read 13,850,553 times
I think you need a different therapist. If you have a scheduled session, your therapist should be there. I would have been upset, too.

I don't know how much this is costing you, but if your therapist ISN'T helping you, you're wasting your money. Find someone else.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I think you need a different therapist. If you have a scheduled session, your therapist should be there. I would have been upset, too.

I don't know how much this is costing you, but if your therapist ISN'T helping you, you're wasting your money. Find someone else.

Yes, you are right. I will wait until tomorrow, if he dowsn't show up, it's over, if he does, I will talk to him about how I felt, depending on his reponse I will decide. He has helped me in some things.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,687,818 times
I think that is a good idea, talk to him if he shows up for your appointment and drop him if he doesn't.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I think that is a good idea, talk to him if he shows up for your appointment and drop him if he doesn't.

He finally showed up, hje said all of this is my imagination, that I have to learn to control this kind of reactions, like everything is my fault or I'm overeacting. I said bye.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:28 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,687,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyMuse View Post
He finally showed up, hje said all of this is my imagination, that I have to learn to control this kind of reactions, like everything is my fault or I'm overeacting. I said bye.
Good for you! It is obvious this was not going to work out anymore.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Good for you! It is obvious this was not going to work out anymore.

Yep It was more a mental pain than a relief... Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health