U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-29-2012, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
5,009 posts, read 3,263,109 times
Reputation: 2350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Oh look -- another man claiming men have it so much harder then women (despite never having been one a day in his life). Now tell me how you all are sooooo different from one another? So I can get a good laugh again.
I never stated or implied any such thing. I never said I was any different from any other male. I never said I had it harder than women. I don't know whether I do or not. Save your assumptions for real life, when they may protect you (or not?)...they're obstructive on discussion forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,317,357 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I never stated or implied any such thing. I never said I was any different from any other male. I never said I had it harder than women. I don't know whether I do or not. Save your assumptions for real life, when they may protect you (or not?)...they're obstructive on discussion forums.

"That's why males' sex drive is obviously harder for men to deal with than for women to deal with theirs."

You just sat there and tried to validate why men have it harder then a woman in the same circumstance, you did it on the sly, but you still did it. it's basically you all's mantra at this point, so what else is new? You don't have to say you're any different from other men. I know the answer already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
5,009 posts, read 3,263,109 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You just sat there and tried to validate why men have it harder then a woman in the same circumstance, you did it on the sly, but you still did it. it's basically you all's mantra at this point, so what else is new? You don't have to say you're any different from other men. I know the answer already.

Epic fail, Doll Eyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,317,357 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post

Epic fail, Doll Eyes

yea it's an 'epic' fail when I used your exact words to point out what you said. Anyway -- moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
 
5,128 posts, read 6,126,174 times
Reputation: 8396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You.

Men need some sort of an outlet at times...some more than others.
And because you say they need an outlet, I'm wrong for tying the OP's revulsion about sex to porn?

Well, look at how disgusted he sounds about the idea of someone looking at him the way they do in porn. I'm speaking about him; not about men in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
5,009 posts, read 3,263,109 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea it's an 'epic' fail when I used your exact words to point out what you said. Anyway -- moving on.
You thought I implied men had it harder than women. I did not.

I implied men had it harder in this one area...dealing with their sex drive. I think they do. Do you wish to debate whose sex drive is harder to deal with? I do not wish to debate who has the harder lives. That might be going a little too far off topic, and should occur on another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
5,009 posts, read 3,263,109 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
And because you say they need an outlet, I'm wrong for tying the OP's revulsion about sex to porn?

Well, look at how disgusted he sounds about the idea of someone looking at him the way they do in porn. I'm speaking about him; not about men in general.
I apoligize if you were insulted. You're argument makes sense. I just wanted to emphasize that, if the OP doesn't like actually having sex, I think porn's an okay substitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,712 posts, read 10,317,357 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You thought I implied men had it harder than women. I did not.

I implied men had it harder in this one area...dealing with their sex drive. I think they do. Do you wish to debate whose sex drive is harder to deal with? I do not wish to debate who has the harder lives. That might be going a little too far off topic, and should occur on another thread.

I don't wish to debate you on any of it. You're not a woman, period. I can't 'prove' to you that women don't have it as hard as men. All I can say is that I'm tired of men saying this in EVERY area not just this one, which I am. If you think they have it more difficult -- typical. The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Missouri, USA
5,009 posts, read 3,263,109 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't wish to debate you on any of it. You're not a woman, period. I can't 'prove' to you that women don't have it as hard as men. All I can say is that I'm tired of men saying this in EVERY area not just this one, which I am. If you think they have it more difficult -- typical. The end.
One more comment, if you don't mind:

Hopefully most of those men are generalizing, rather than actually believing that...though I'm sure several are not. I'd prefer not to debate you either on this topic...because this topic seems like it could get rather disgusting. Though I will take into account that I may be wrong about men having it harder in the way I spoke of earlier. The important thing, I think, is to listen to the better, or more honest members of each sex, because we can't know what it's like for the other side, and it's more important to listen to the individual, because people are different from the rest of their sex, quite often.

I think men are more likely to seek control than women, and so many of their statements regarding how hard they have it should not be trusted unless they've demonstrated honesty in the past. Thank you for your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
 
13,051 posts, read 16,135,889 times
Reputation: 15249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
a few things are getting mixed up again. asexuality is not only 'no sex drive at all,' it's also the LACK of desire for sex as well as the lack of seeking sexual opportunities. I guess some fit in one category and others in another. I don't know what kind of porn he watches (and b/c of the TOS can't really discuss it) but if he is just watching 'regular' porn, that's not special circumstances.

I think people emphasize sex as healthy because they themselves are obsessed with it. By reading the first line of the second paragraph, that doesn't sound like something remotely 'healthy' to me. I'm talking about non reproductive purposes but it's like "if I don't get it, if I don't have it, etc. etc." They go way over board with it, if that's how you become I'll continue to pass.

If the OP said he doesn't want it, then I beleive him.
When I said that I didn't feel that anyone could be asexual I was using the word "literally", which would mean that you actually do not have the physiologic parts to engage in the sex act...my understanding of your use is that asexual would mean: one just flat out does not desire, nor want sex, and if that's the case I agree that waaaaay too much hulabaloo is made about the supposed "importance" of an act that no other animal alive engages in other than for propagation...Some people can be very contented and happy, and not want, nor miss sex as part of their lives....I know some myself, and they are no less than anyone else I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top