Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 788 times

Advertisements

I have no feelings for anyone, like i have a friend thats like cute and funny. But i cant like him, ill think of it and nothing happens, i dont feel butterflys or nothing like the way i use to. I could only think of them as "cute" or something, but i cant actually have a crush on them. I feel like my feelings for guys are gone or shut down or just numb. Idk, i thought this happened to me because my feelings cant accpet anymore hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 03:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Its happend to me cause of how mean and nasty ppl are now

Attitudes,etc......

Old 03-09-2017, 01:10 PM

343 posts, read 316,424 times
i think that 'not having emotions' is a little extreme, i prefer the classic 'learned to not give a fugg' about it or people anymore is more appropriate. Help is a funny thing. It is something that exist to assist with the survival of our species, yet we (for those who do) take advantage of it. People who give must set boundaries because those who take never will.

When I think about it, 'help' itself should not be twisted into a giant crutch to wade your way through life because god forbid the time should come when you have to take responsibility and do the work yourself. I really do not understand how people use those who try to help, especially if it is for attention or they refuse to grow up. The really messed up thing is that some people never learn, they just find a new host to dump their issues on, leaving whomever tried to help them before burnt out and damaged...ironically that's when the tables turn and SOME givers put up walls and become the very bitter ice queen/*******s that used them in an effort to never be taken advantaged of again.

Last edited by bewitchyou; 03-09-2017 at 01:19 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 701 times
I am just a teenager but i know that I can't feel any emotions when my dad died my mom cried but I didn't i just looked at my dad lifeless in a coffin and I just stared at him I know form then on something was wrong with me I haven't told my mom yet becomes I don't want to worry her I just want to do more research on my own to see what is wrong and I just want to know if this is a condition what is it called?

Old 03-25-2017, 12:59 AM

No that doesnt mean your a bad person....... Alot of ppl actually rejoice when someone dies because they are then FREE from this crappy world we are stuck in..... Maybe you were thinking like that??

At any rate dont cut yourself down too much.. Welcome to city-data

Old 03-26-2017, 10:03 PM

710 posts, read 584,011 times
The main emotions I feel nowadays are sadness and anger. I feel like I have to put on a "mask" around family and pretend that I'm happy when I'm not.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:32 PM

Exactly how I feel my friend!! (Except I dont pretend I am anything,I show it like it is )

Old 03-28-2017, 12:08 AM

277 posts, read 327,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I find it interesting that so many maintain feelings for animals.

What about children?
Cruelty to animals and children fills me with both great sadness and a monumental rage. Both are quite helpless for the most part and can not fight back.

If I knew of someone who found it amusing to torture a child or animal and learned they'd been hit by a bus...I'd say ' good riddance '.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:15 PM

393 posts, read 408,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
After having things happen to you, and feeling beaten down. Have you noticed whether you have no emotion, good or bad?

What I mean is - one of my mother's good friend's was just diagnosed with cancer and is going for chemo. My mother is devasted and was in tears. Me - I think it's terrible, but I can't show any emotion.

I've noticed over the past years, with all the bad stuff that has happened to me, I seem to have lost compassion. But only for humans - animals I can show emotion for (like seeing/hearing about an bused one). The news tells how a 15 y/o was stabbed to death and it doesn't bother me. Show an animal needing a home and it makes me sad.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Excellent post, and answers to some questions I've been pondering. As a teacher for 27 years, I find that I "just don't care" about anything. Felt like I was all alone in this. Compassion fatigue is a appropriate term for it.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Several decades ago and for a period of time I ceased really caring, especially about myself although I was not at all suicidal. I was on stress overload at the time, most of it career related but a fair amount family related, so I simply opted out and removed myself from that career forever and from family as well for several weeks. It took awhile but it worked. I entered a new career pattern which was satisfying I went back to being the compassionate person I am naturally. That was not a pleasant time in my life. Five years later my wife left me for another which, while very distressing and hurtful, I took in stride and carried on. From my previous experience I could recognize the signs of encroaching depression and simply wouldn't allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health